Cyclone_06's Customs And Re-Paints (Updated 9/21/2014 Bde Broken Tusk, Son Of P2!)

Discussion in 'Predator Models, Statues and Figures' started by CYCLONE 06, Sep 1, 2012.

1. CYCLONE 06

CYCLONE 06 Elite Hunter

Ok, so I decided to jump on board with putting all of my customs into one thread. Some of these are new, some of them have been updated, and some of them just have much better photos now. I hope you guys enjoy.

First up, my Albino Predator... his patterns were based on a creature I saw on National Geographic. It was called a "blue ringed octopus." The octopus' skin is a pale white with dull tan rings. Whenever the critter becomes agitated, or is attacking is prey, its rings light up blue, like blue LED lights. I took a broken Snake Predator I purchased, fixed him, and repainted him with these patterns. Swapped the dreads for p1 dreads, and viola.

AlbinoPredator1.jpg

AlbinoPredator10.jpg

AlbinoPredator2.jpg

AlbinoPredator3.jpg

AlbinoPredator4.jpg

AlbinoPredator5.jpg

AlbinoPredator6.jpg

AlbinoPredator7.jpg

AlbinoPredator8.jpg

AlbinoPredator9.jpg

This one was very popular. I felt it needed some better photos. I hope you guys still like him... Aquatic Hunter Predator...

AquaticPredator8.jpg

AquaticPredator9.jpg

AquaticPredator10.jpg

AquaticPredator11.jpg

AquaticPredator12.jpg

AquaticPredator13.jpg

AquaticPredator14.jpg

AquaticPredator15.jpg

Next up is the Roman / Spartan inspired Arena Battle Predator. Wanted this guy to have a cheetah inspired skin pattern.

ArenaBattlePredator10.jpg

ArenaBattlePredator11.jpg

ArenaBattlePredator12.jpg

ArenaBattlePredator13.jpg

ArenaBattlePredator14.jpg

ArenaBattlePredator15.jpg

ArenaBattlePredator16.jpg

ArenaBattlePredator17.jpg

This Predator is one of my favorites, as well as a fan favorite. The Bad Blood, from Dark Horse Comics... with all his bones and trophies, the 3 bladed wrist guantlet, and the sword, complete with tattoos on his head, hands, chest, and upper right arm.

BadBloodPredator14.jpg

BadBloodPredator15.jpg

BadBloodPredator16.jpg

BadBloodPredator17.jpg

BadBloodPredator18.jpg

BadBloodPredator19.jpg

BadBloodPredator20.jpg

BadBloodPredator21.jpg

BadBloodPredator22.jpg

This next Predator resembles City Hunter quite a bit, but is actually from the Dark Horse comic Predator Race War, as featured on the covers of Dark Horse Presents numbers 68 and 69.

CityHunterv220.jpg

CityHunterv221.jpg

CityHunterv222.jpg

CityHunterv223.jpg

CityHunterv219.jpg

And who could forget ole' Schaefer ? "You Son of a ..." and yes, I hand made every weapon you see.

Dutch19.jpg

Dutch20.jpg

Dutch21.jpg

Dutch22.jpg

Dutch24.jpg

Dutch23.jpg

Dutch25.jpg

Dutch26.jpg

Dutch27.jpg

This is the "Enforcer" Predator from the Dark Horse comic Predator Bad Blood. Of course, he persues the bad blood... a lot of fans have nick named him "Shredator."

EnforcerPredator10.jpg

EnforcerPredator11.jpg

EnforcerPredator12.jpg

EnforcerPredator13.jpg

EnforcerPredator14.jpg

EnforcerPredator15.jpg

EnforcerPredator16.jpg

EnforcerPredator17.jpg

EnforcerPredator18.jpg

And here's a version of a younger Greyback, when his armor was golden, and he go the nickname "Golden Angel" from the pirates in the story from Dark Horse called Predator 1718. It tells how he got the pistol that he gifts Detective Harrigan at the end of Predator 2. I also hand made the sword he has as it appeared in the comic. He gifts that sword to the dieing ship captain at the end of the comic.

GoldenAngelElder12.jpg

GoldenAngelElder13.jpg

GoldenAngelElder14.jpg

GoldenAngelElder15.jpg

GoldenAngelElder16.jpg

GoldenAngelElder17.jpg

GoldenAngelElder18.jpg

GoldenAngelElder19.jpg

"Any time..." I even did a base up for this guy. I had planned on using him in a contest, but, had a malfunction and it didnt get put into the running. So, here he is for you guys to enjoy.

JungleHunterPredator16.jpg

JungleHunterPredator17.jpg

JungleHunterPredator18.jpg

JungleHunterPredator19.jpg

JungleHunterPredator20.jpg

JungleHunterPredator21.jpg

JungleHunterPredator22.jpg

JungleHunterPredator23.jpg

JungleHunterPredator24.jpg

JungleHunterPredator25.jpg

JungleHunterPredator26.jpg

And then there's Keldor... with his new mystical skull and spine...

KeldorPredator19.jpg

KeldorPredator20.jpg

KeldorPredator21.jpg

KeldorPredator22.jpg

KeldorPredator23.jpg

KeldorPredator24.jpg

KeldorPredator25.jpg

KeldorPredator26.jpg

KeldorPredator27.jpg

KeldorPredator28.jpg

Next up is my newest City Hunter Predator. I used reference pics of the mask, suit, hands, feet, and armor to get it as close as I could to the real deal.

UltimateCityHunter21.jpg

UltimateCityHunter22.jpg

UltimateCityHunter23.jpg

UltimateCityHunter24.jpg

UltimateCityHunter25.jpg

UltimateCityHunter26.jpg

UltimateCityHunter27.jpg

UltimateCityHunter28.jpg

UltimateCityHunter29.jpg

UltimateCityHunter31.jpg

UltimateCityHunter33.jpg

UltimateCityHunter10.jpg

And here's the Leader of the Lost Clan, and probably my personal favorite because of the accuracy and the height modification I did to make him tower all of my other Predator figures... ole' Greyback...

UltimateElderPredator17.jpg

UltimateElderPredator18.jpg

UltimateElderPredator19.jpg

UltimateElderPredator20.jpg

UltimateElderPredator21.jpg

UltimateElderPredator22.jpg

UltimateElderPredator23.jpg

UltimateElderPredator24.jpg

UltimateElderPredator25.jpg

UltimateElderPredator26.jpg

UltimateElderPredator27.jpg

UltimateElderPredator28.jpg

And finally... do you guys remember a toy company called Kenner ? Well I thought those figures were cool back then. So, to pay homage to them, I did 4 members of the Kenner Clan, updated NECA Style. If you look closely, you will see that I tried to keep a lot of the original Kenner Predator features with these figures... Enjoy.

First up, the big reddish orange Elder, "Clan Leader" Predator... with a massive 12.5" spear and his trademark white dreads...

ClanLeaderPredator32.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator33.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator34.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator35.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator36.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator37.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator38.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator39.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator40.jpg

Next up is fan favorite, Cracked Tusk... with his right handed wristblades, broken tusk, and huge shoulder cannon. I also modded the Tracker boots to work with p1 feet. I kept the chains around his neckwrap like the kenner version, and kept his colors close to the same also.

CrackedTuskPredator1.jpg

CrackedTuskPredator10.jpg

CrackedTuskPredator11.jpg

CrackedTuskPredator12.jpg

CrackedTuskPredator13.jpg

CrackedTuskPredator14.jpg

CrackedTuskPredator2.jpg

CrackedTuskPredator9.jpg

Remember Scavage ? He had the maroon dreads with the pony tail in the back, a staff with a human skull on the top of it, and boring olive green skin... to update him a bit, I gave him the skin patterns and colors of Battle Cat... with the maroon colored hair in a pony tail from the Shaman figure, and made the skull staff out of a few different weapons.

ScavagePredator13.jpg

ScavagePredator14.jpg

ScavagePredator15.jpg

ScavagePredator16.jpg

ScavagePredator17.jpg

ScavagePredator18.jpg

ScavagePredator19.jpg

ScavagePredator20.jpg

ScavagePredator21.jpg

And finally, here's Renegade. The youngest member of the Kenner Clan, he featured brown p1 armor and a shoulder cannon. I gave him a Mcfarlane p1 cannon and banged his armor up a bit.

RenegadePredator18.jpg

RenegadePredator19.jpg

RenegadePredator20.jpg

RenegadePredator21.jpg

RenegadePredator22.jpg

RenegadePredator23.jpg

RenegadePredator24.jpg

RenegadePredator25.jpg

And heres a few Kenner Clan group shots...

KennerClan1.jpg

KennerClan2.jpg

KennerClan3.jpg

KennerClan4.jpg

~CYCLONE_06

2. raiyuri works

raiyuri works Hunter

Wow! Your customs are getting better bro! My favorites are Albino, aqua hunter, and any time hunter.
    Also liked your tribute to the Kenner line, the clan leader looks killer! I still have that Kenner figure with me and your version of the clan leader looks waaaay better than the old one, it's cool that you used the same color skin and nailed it.

Great job on all these figures mate. Cheers.!:D

CYCLONE 06 likes this.
  3. botman

botman Hunter

nice workss man like them all!

CYCLONE 06 likes this.
  4. CYCLONE 06

CYCLONE 06 Elite Hunter

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it. My original concept for the clan leader had him with two whips, to pay homage to his "whipping" dreadlocks... but I went with the spear instead.

~CYCLONE_06

5. Wolf Predator 1

Wolf Predator 1 Elite Hunter

Impressive work here Wayne, I'm glad those references for P2 came in handy for ya. I love your 'Shredator', he looks very accurate and menacing!
    Albino, Greyback and your new P2 look terrific. Great homages with the Kenner clan as i have already seen! ;)

6. CYCLONE 06

CYCLONE 06 Elite Hunter

Yes sir, I thank you for the reference photos for sure man. I will probably get around to doing the lost clan sooner or later myself.

~CYCLONE_06

Wolf Predator 1 likes this.
  7. PredatrHuntr

PredatrHuntr Elder Predator

The Bad Blood...wow...well done! Can you get a macro shot of just the head so we can admire your incredible paint job? Kudos for all your paints...they all look incredible ;)

Yautja1203 likes this.
  8. CYCLONE 06

CYCLONE 06 Elite Hunter

I will try to get that shot for you. Thanks for the compliments again guys. I really enjoy customizing and painting, and all of your support.

~CYCLONE_06

9. zuckuss77

zuckuss77 Hunter

yeah these are all very cool , its a lot to take in with all the different colors.I love the blue aqua pred, they need a sweet dio!!!!
    Keep up all the work it really is nice to see the flow of work you have

10. MiDGiE

MiDGiE Unblooded

I would love to see what your display is like with all your predators :) The Albino concept is growing on me or maybe it's just because I love the snake predator so much that any concept would look good on him lol

11. CYCLONE 06

CYCLONE 06 Elite Hunter

Yea i like snake too, but he looks pretty slick with the longer dreads.

~CYCLONE_06

12. CYCLONE 06

CYCLONE 06 Elite Hunter

Ladies and gentlemen, I present Top Knot, straight out of the Dark Horse comics. He was a lot of fun, and I made a Plasma burner from scratch using a McFarlane AVP shoulder cannon, and I used craft foam to create the body armor similar to the armor they wear when hunting xenos in the comics, but based my armor more on a dark knight / guyver / boba fett style. I had a friend of mine create his sword that he uses to cut the Queen from her egg sac in the comic, and to put his dreads up, I used a piece of wire. His cannons are from Wolf, and his belt is from a McFarlane Celtic Predator. Also the strap bag is from Stalker, and I modified it with the red jewel, which happens to be a real tourmaline gemstone.

One of my favorite preds from Dark horse.

TopKnotPredator1.jpg

TopKnotPredator10.jpg

TopKnotPredator11.jpg

TopKnotPredator2.jpg

TopKnotPredator3.jpg

TopKnotPredator5.jpg

TopKnotPredator6.jpg

TopKnotPredator7.jpg

TopKnotPredator8.jpg

TopKnotPredator9.jpg

~CYCLONE_06

hydrahead likes this.
  13. REYALS

REYALS Veteran Hunter

(y) Yeah, that 'Top-Knot' is the wolves howl bro. Way coo on that custom yo's. :cool:

14. akafighter408

akafighter408 Hunter

That is amazing bro!!! Wish you worked at neca so we could get some of your great pieces of work. Broken tusk next!!!!! Its a must with his armor with the alien head on the chest

15. BENSIN

BENSIN Elite Hunter

These are F'ing PHENOMENAL - you should start painting kits. ...and also repaint the 1/4 scale stuff.

16. ghosted

ghosted Hunter

awesome work bro

17. CYCLONE 06

CYCLONE 06 Elite Hunter

18. CloakedBobskink

CloakedBobskink Unblooded

Thatv Top Knot is really cool. I instantly recognized him.

19. CYCLONE 06

CYCLONE 06 Elite Hunter

Thats a good thing, I was going for comic accuracy with him, but also a "what if he was in a movie" sort of look.

~CYCLONE_06

20. ONEYE

ONEYE Hunter

Forgive any typos you see, it's hard to type when drooling all over yourself. IMPRESSIVE! Are these all Hot Toys or something else.
    Wow!

21. CYCLONE 06

CYCLONE 06 Elite Hunter

These are all NECA 7" Scale figures. Thanks for the compliments. Come on guys, dont be scared to come Like my page, I need likes and shares lol

~CYCLONE_06

22. CYCLONE 06

CYCLONE 06 Elite Hunter

Hey guys and gals, here's a couple updates for you. First up, a non Predator repaint, it's the Engineer from Prometheus, in all his Pressure Suit Glory. NECA's version is very plain and white, I wanted it to be a little closer to the real suit, so here he is :

Engineer1.jpg

Engineer32.jpg

Engineer31.jpg

Engineer30.jpg

Engineer29.jpg

Engineer28.jpg

Engineer27.jpg

Engineer26.jpg

Engineer25.jpg

Engineer24.jpg

And here is my newest Predator, CYCLONUS, named to represent my 'avatar' within a group of customizers of which I am happy to be a part of that includes some other great painters and customizers. He features a removeable gun backpack, shield and tunic. Anyways, here he is...

CYCLONUS4.jpg

CYCLONUS5.jpg

CYCLONUS6.jpg

CYCLONUS7.jpg

CYCLONUS8.jpg

CYCLONUS9.jpg

CYCLONUS10.jpg

CYCLONUS11.jpg

CYCLONUS12.jpg

CYCLONUS13.jpg

CYCLONUS14.jpg

CYCLONUS15.jpg

CYCLONUS16.jpg

CYCLONUS17.jpg

CYCLONUS18.jpg

CYCLONUS19.jpg

CYCLONUS20.jpg

~CYCLONE_06

23. ghosted

ghosted Hunter

awesome stuff bro. cant wait to see the next one (y)

24. PredatrHuntr

PredatrHuntr Elder Predator

That Bad Blood and the Mandarin look awesome! Can you take a macro shot of the Bad Bloods head so we can see more detail?

25. CYCLONE 06

CYCLONE 06 Elite Hunter

Unfortunately, the old camera I have doesn't have a great macro setting. I'm hoping to get a new camera for the holidays. Even if I have to get it myself LOL

I am also planning on a version 2.0 of the bad blood thats a little more realistic. Thank you guys for all of your compliments. I am very grateful.

~CYCLONE_06

Wolf Predator 1 likes this.