My first Predator Costume

Discussion in 'Predator Anatomy (Costumes)' started by Dillonusob, Jan 6, 2017.

1. JoshStrong

JoshStrong Unblooded

can you pm me the link for that netting? the link you posted doesn't work!

Dillonusob likes this.
  2. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

15 bucks did you say ?!?!? :eek:

3. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Treatstock.com

IMG_4368.PNG

LunaticNic likes this.
  4. Isubomo

Isubomo Elite Hunter

Jmen and Dillonusob like this.
  5. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Looks awesome! Think it would work over the coat I added already?? I added a hammered metal spray....

6. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Know of anyplace that does the 6oz version? The 24 oz is $24 and makes it a bit pricey for a $15 piece. Or a viable alternative?

Jmen likes this.
  7. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

You need to read about 3d printing materials. If your cannon is abs plastic - you can use aceton. Brushing layers or make an acetone bath. This is my own opinion, you also need to ask advice to other members, who have more exp in 3d printing.

Dillonusob likes this.
  8. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Absolutely, Im gonna check my order history and see what it was..

9. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Already messaged the guy who printed it. An acetone wash would be anhell of a lot cheaper.

10. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

So, turns out it was printed in PLA. Anyone familiar with this stuff? Want to get a smoother finish on it.

11. Tatooineboy

Tatooineboy Unblooded

Sand it down with a fine sanding paper. Sand, sand, sand.

LunaticNic and Dillonusob like this.
  12. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Any recommendations on the hands and feet builds? What have you guys ended up doing? I was thinking of doing a sculpt of the actual hand, making a mold of it then slush casting( i think thats the term) the interior to essentially make a glove. Was going to do something similar for the feet as well.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  13. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Elite Hunter

Personally I'd say if you have the time and funds then sculpt, mold, and cast it yourself :D

Dillonusob and OldPredVA like this.
  14. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Yeah, thats what Im going to do. Figure If I DIYed the majority if it, why stop now?;)

Going to sculpt in monster clay, and final cast will be dragon skin. Any suggestions for mold material? Was thinking silicone with a plaster mothermold.

LunaticNic likes this.
  15. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

I like the cannon and med kit well done

Dillonusob likes this.
  16. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Thanks so much!! Medkit has a way to go, but after the last bits and paint job, it should be good. Cannon was bought though, so I cant take credit for that ;) Love your stuff Wreav, its inspirational!!

Wreav likes this.
  17. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Wreav- Any tips on casting? Hands and feet in particular. The feet I plan on doing a half foot cover over lift boots I made, however the hands I plan on making full glove/casts from an original sculpt.

18. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

The Topknot Build. New photos of torso life cast build. 05/07/2015
    Look at this post you will see how Jeff molded his hands. Instead of silicone you may want to do a two part plaster mold.

After making the mold, 4-6 layers of latex on each side before putting the two parts together then doing the seam. You may also choose to foam fill it slightly to maintain its shape.

If its a foot cover you could do a one piece mold then brush the latex on and then with soft foam to allow it to maintain its shape.

Dillonusob likes this.
  19. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Thank you!!

Wreav likes this.
  20. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

My god what a thread that was! Fucking amazing work going in there Alphatech! Wreav thanks for pointing me that way. I did do sone seaching, but apparently my search terminology did not get me what I needed. Thats probably the most amazing step by step for anything Ive ever seen. Thanks guys!!!

21. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

My god what a thread that was! Fucking amazing work going in there Alphatech! Wreav thanks for pointing me that way. I did do sone seaching, but apparently my search terminology did not get me what I needed. Thats probably the most amazing step by step for anything Ive ever seen. Thanks guys!!!

LunaticNic, Wreav and Jmen like this.
  22. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Alphatech = Jeff, probably the very best on this site. That thread is gold.
    He posts his more recent projects on his facebook which are truly amazing.

Dillonusob likes this.
  23. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter

Spent an hour beginning the hand sculpts. I cant express how much I love monster clay!!! First time user, and man is it divine. Will update later when I start to actually refine, proportion and detail. I plan to use the same peice to make the right hand after molding. ( reworking it to be righty) Gotta go back to real life!

IMG_4372.JPG

IMG_4373.JPG

Wreav and Jmen like this.
  24. Jmen

Jmen Elite Hunter

5cbb83d0-0919-0132-07cd-0eae5eefacd9.jpg

:D:D:D

Dillonusob likes this.
  25. Dillonusob

Dillonusob Hunter