2nd Bio Sculpt

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
Here's my second attempt at sculpting a Bio Helmet. It's been over three years in the making, so the process for me hasn't been very quick haha!

First start out with the wire armature. This was based off of the measurements from my other bio helmets.

0.1.jpg

Then slap on strips of burlap dipped in plaster of paris in layers so that it becomes thick
0.2.jpg

The wire is what keeps it from collapsing, and once this hardens you'll have your armature
0.3.jpg

I also put layers on the inside just for the hell of it
0.4.jpg

I used Chavant medium and soft clay, cut them into pieces and melted them in a crock pot. I began slapping the gooey clay onto the armature
0.5.jpg

Then slowly start shaping your clay
01.jpg

02.jpg

The great thing about sculpting is that you can build up more by just slapping more clay on, or you can remove chunks just using tools. Clay is very forgiving, so if you make a mistake, you can always rebuilt it!
04.jpg

My design changed as I worked on it. You can see ribs in the lower jaw, but then I removed them
05.jpg

07.jpg

I wanted it to have a mechanical look, so I started adding some tank model parts, and bits from around the house.

06.jpg

08.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

09.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:

cavx

Unblooded
You guys that sculpt from clay never cease to amaze me. If I was to sculpt this from clay, it would, well, not look cool like that anyway...