A little side project

S

Supreme Hunter

Well the title basically says it all. Sorry for the blurry pic. this iss just a little side project that I am working on along with many, many others. This is just a little sample picture and will prob be done with the sculpt tommorow. So enjoy.
Picture005.jpg

-Chris

T

The Big Gunns

He's very cool Chris! How did you like sculpting small? Can you give us some details.. how long did it take, what size is he, are you going to mold it, etc.

~Mel

S

Supreme Hunter

Um suprisingly it really hasnt takin me long i think I have been working on it for about a full day when this picture was taken. I dont know the actual size of the head its fairly small smaller then my hand, if anyone has gotten a set of stuff from monstermakers.com and they received the small bust then thats what size it is. As for the experience it was different to do something so small but yet its something fun and easy to do because of its small size. Its definetly a eye opener I think if someone is going to do a full size pred head and you have never done one before. Then they should do a small one like this first because you will get a basic understand for the entire sculpt easier. as for casting I prob will as soon as I figure out how . But what I am going to do is make a resin head first and then sculpt a body onto it, to make a figure. So if anyone wants to share some ifno how there opinions or any comments go ahead and do so.

-Chris

T

The Big Gunns

I just sculpted a predator 1/3 size (about the length of a soda can). Sculpting and molding small is all new to me.. but I have help! From what I understand people usually pressure cast small kits. This way the silicone is pulled into all the tiny recesses and there are no airbubbles. I'm having someone cast mine because I dont have a machine. If you are gonna do the whole body it will have be cast in sections (arms, legs, torso, etc.) Its alot more involved than molding wise than a mask. You should checkout www.theclubhouse1.net Its a model kit forum...lots of info!

~Mel

S

Supreme Hunter

Well here is a small update, I would be done with this thing but I have such a insane schedule with working on 5 different projects at once . So anyways here are some new pics, I wish my hands were'nt so shaky all my pics are blurry.
Like I said small update only mandibles and a little brow work ENJOY.
Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

-Chris

T

The Big Gunns

I think you are a little too close to the sculpt Chris. The blue towel behind it is in focus