A Painting Question that has nothing to do with Painting

P

PredatoRob

Well, I'm having troubles with light sources. The only place in my house that I can paint is down in the basement, and the lighting is not so bad. I have a seperate lamp that I use, and it helps, BUT it get's really, really hot really fast.

For instance, tonight when I finished painting I thought it was looking pretty decent. Then I went to turn off my lamp and it got darker (but not completely as the ceiling light is close by), and so did the paint job. It went from "hey, that's not looking too bad," to "Oh hey, what the ****! That looks like ****!!" So, I was wondering if any of you out there would have any suggestions (at all) about what light-bulb would be ideal to use? Something that's gonna provide light as close to "natural light" as possible without heating up and possibly exploding into my eyeballs.

Kind of an off-the-wall kinda question, but I had to ask what with there being some painters on the board. Thanks!!

Hugs and Kisses,

Rob

A

acerhater

Several companies make a light bulb that use neodymium glass that filters out the yellow of regular light bulbs leaving you with a light that is closer to natural sunlight. I use the GE brand "Reveal" at home and like the results. You can pick them up at Walmart. Hope that helps.

T

The Mortal Immortal

I use a OTT-LITE® TrueColor™ Task Lamp

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MEANGENE83

There is this new wild and crazy thing i heard about that makes awesome natural light....

Its called the SUN!
sun-soho011905-1919z3.jpg

N

NUCKING FUTS BONG

LOL Scott dumb ? as always where can you get that light at thx bro.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Ya I dumb, but you can get the light from the store art. Whos the dumb one now.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Micheal, most craft stores, walmart, and target.

S

Savage Yautja

Rob why don't you just get a flouresent shop light. I use these in the garage and they do the job. Nice even cool white light. Problem solved Daywalker.

P

PredatoRob

Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm gonna look into the suggestions ASAP.

Mark - do you mean the hanging flourescent lights, OR a flourescent light bulb? Installing an overhead light might be a bit much, it's cramped down there enough as it is. Good suggestion nonetheless.

S

Savage Yautja

Yup that's what I was thinking of you can always angle the light fixture toward your work area. How low are the ceilings in the basement anyway? I have a 4 light unit in the garage hung from the rafters. Really does the job. if you're hurting for space how about a halogen torcherie lamp. They're cheap and and put out the light bigtime 300 and 500 watt models.