A shout out to our guys and gals in the service...

P

pirkleations

I don't do this often enough...

I just want to take a moment to express my thanks to any members of the Hunter's Lair that have served, are currently serving, or have family members that are serving in the military and active overseas.

I may have my issues with the current political administration and federal deficit, but I do appreciate what our guys and gals in the military do for us every day. They lay their lives on the line to preserve many of the freedoms that I take for granted.

Thank you for being there for us.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

DangerDavey

B

blk n blu dream

Luckily my friends and co-workers over there can get some internet access now and then, but it's always hard- but most want to go back.

I don't have to agree with everything going on, but it's still my job. I noticed there are quite a few on here that are doing a lot more than I am in terms of deploying... I really wish I could deploy, but they won't let me.

Somewhat OT: Anyone see the Armed Forces "Fear Factor" last night? My husband works with the AF people... I can't believe they ate that stuff... *shudders* rotting fish and swamp water.

Y

YautjaWan

Ive done 3 tours of Iraq since and including the initial invasion. And i just want to let you guys still to deploy, or currently deployed, that people are thinking of you and counting on you.
Guys, remember your 5's and 20's and all the other drills OPTAG pummel into you, trust me, they work.
Take notice of the things you are taught before you deploy, not the quick and easy things people in theatre will want you to learn. you are taught pre-deployment for a reason, The stuff works.
Things are going to be hard, theres no getting away from it, keep your skills and drills fresh and sharp, and things will be that much easier.
And when you feel like you are wasting your time, that nobody cares about the job you are doing there, on your next patrol, look at the faces of the kids as they run up to the roadside, when they smile at you, more often than not, they mean it. when they pull out the catapults, well...theres not much you can do about that, but if you smile at the kids, or wink, thumbs up, anything positive, the response will usually be equally positive, rather than a hail of small stones.

Ive said enough here but i will be thinking about you guys and all the **** you have to go through to get to the end of your tour, i know, ive been there.

Wherever in the coalition you guys are from,serving in baghdad or basrah, look out for each other, and you'll make it home to your loved ones.