Adding to / Changing a bad Pull

J

JAILER1955

I have a question, as do so many other people. I have a mask pull that I bought some time back. It is well made, but some of the detail is poorly done and really needs some surgery. IS IT POSSIBIBLE, as in makeup, to create an appliance that can be 'glued' over the bad area(s), sealed and then painted over. And then have hopes of it remaining in one piece without it peeling apart like a rotten banana later?

An example is the mandibles are closed, but there is no inner mouth detail and there are areas of the head where the bumps are cut squares.

Please respone. Thanks.......George

MEANGENE83

Hunter
Maybe you should post pics of the mask and the problem areas so we can get a better idea of what you wanna do.

You might have to sculpt RIGHT ONTO the mask and REMOLD it and cast a new one in order to get a quality mask that won't ruin like you mentioned.

GENE

J

JAILER1955

As soon as I figure out how to post photos. The trouble is that the pull is of good quality, it's parts of the sculpt that su#k. I don't mind adding to it, I'd cry if I had to scrap good rubber. But I understand what you're talking about. I'll figure out the pictures....george

carlart

Hunter
Hey J----
Got to www.photobucket.com
and create an account---it's pretty easy. Once done, you log on and upload photos from anywhere on your HD and hit the submit button. You'll see your photos appear on your thumbnails page. Under each thumbnail you will see several formats for each image. Highlight and copy the text in the URL field under the photo you want to post (not sure if there's an easier way to post multiple photos without doing them one at a time). Anyway, when you create a post on the Lair, look to the left of the text window for the image button. Click on it, and paste the URL line of text into the resulting wiindow that pops up and click OK---That's about it, good luck
carlart
Cannon-Title.jpg

J

JAILER1955

It almost worked. At least you can click and see the pictures. I am not as concerned about the square knots on the melon/forehead after learning a few new things about removing rubber. However I still would like to add an inner mouth. I need to remove the teeth and take one or two more pictures.
George

J

JAILER1955

Face forwards with teeth covering mouth.

Picture002.jpg

No teeth
Picture004.jpg

No teeth, no mouth
Picture005.jpg

I was thinking of making a trying to make a insert for a mouth and fastening it in place with a combination of rivet and adhesive, then sealing with latex. It is not a high flex area of the mask and most likely would hold up. Right???? That is my guess. I await judgement from the masters.

Thanks.......George

sorry about the LARGE PICTURES. I just figured out (with a lot of help from MeanGene) how to put the photos up, now how to resize them is another matter. Thanks again Mean...