Airbrush Type, Does It Matter?

Mbzradeloip

Blooded
Ok I think I found a solution, going to go with the iwata eclipse hp-cs for my airbrush and an iwata compressor (sprint jet hopefully). Thank you all for your input and advice.

-Alex

Mbzradeloip

Blooded
Quick question, are the nozzles what I change out to get different thickness in the spray lines or the needle? Or should i just leave it standard out of the box and work with that first?

ptgreek

Elite Hunter
while most of us use the Iwata line of airbrushes in the shop, our new intern just purchased a Grex dual action trigger gun

http://www.grexusa.com/grexairbrush/products.php5?id=Tritium.TS

i'd seen this and even demo'd it at a few conventions ..its actually pretty cool once you get the hang of the trigger action ..its actually remarkably easy to use and it passed silicone paints ( home made) without much issue at all.

worth a look see

BonzRus

Hunter
I find threads like this are very helpful as I will soon be needing to acquire an AB myself. Good input and discussion. The GREX AB is very interesting indeed.

Steve

xdmray

Elite Hunter
i used that grex at a con as well. man, it was a dream to spray. i will most likely pick that up as my next brush when the time calls, or i feel like treating myself.

hey George. how is cleaning it though?

ptgreek

Elite Hunter
Ha... Yesterday we used the Grex to spray silicone and an Iwatta to spray pax. The Grex cleaned out quicker

XilianX2010

Blooded
I found some cheap compressors on amazon and ebay. If i would to get a Iwata Neo AB w/ gravity feed, could i just get cheap compressor with 15-35 psi? Or is there other importances to a compressor besides psi?

wonko

Hunter
while most of us use the Iwata line of airbrushes in the shop, our new intern just purchased a Grex dual action trigger gun

http://www.grexusa.c...5?id=Tritium.TS

i'd seen this and even demo'd it at a few conventions ..its actually pretty cool once you get the hang of the trigger action ..its actually remarkably easy to use and it passed silicone paints ( home made) without much issue at all.

worth a look see
Oh how I wish I would have seen this before I bought my Iwata. That's a sweet looking setup. Seems like it would help with the nice hand cramp I get with prolonged use. Tax season isn't too far away...

Brian

Felconer

Young Blood
Looking at this from the safety side of things, thought I would
just clarify: Is it recommended to wear a face mask while
airbrushing, why I ask is because majority of the tutorials I've
seen did not have a mask present, while other tutorials could
not stress less about having one. So to the Hunters that do a lot of
airbrushing, do you recommend face masks while airbrushing?

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Always. you do not want to be breathing in anything paint or other wise that has been atomised through a airbrush.

although i do not always practise what i preach, ( mainly down to me not having a mask as it got destroyed recently )

But i will be buyin one and using it very very shortly i hope.

ptgreek

Elite Hunter
Yes ... And do it in a ventilated area.. Set up fans or do it outside.. Especially when using sealers or silicone paints.

made007

Elite Hunter

http://www.grexusa.com/grexairbrush/products.php5?id=Tritium.TS

worth a look see
When i was on scale cars model i saw those, i was looking to buy some, but didnt have enough money at the moment and i forgot about them since im not in to modeling cars anymore, but thanks for reminding me, now i want one again

ptgreek

Elite Hunter
I honestly didn't even check .. He brought in the whole kit.. Compressor and all.. And we just went to town.. Was pretty fun to use. I'd always wondered about how it sprayed.. Which was actually pretty damn good. When I get the chance, I'll give it a better look see

Mbzradeloip

Blooded
And it's here already! Quick shipping from tcpglobal. Now I need something to paint, anyone have scraps/bad pulls to send me? :p