Alien Egg Project - 11.11.06 - Egg Bio Growth.. Yum! :)

R

RaptorArts

So I have had this somewhat large plastic egg in my posession for over 4 years now and somehow it has never gotten broken. Its made of hard yet breakable plastic. I have been wanting to make an ALIEN egg for ages. For some reason I was driven to start sculpting it today. Hopefully I finish it today but thats just wishfull thinking. I think it stands about 12" tall. I will try to keep it as close to gigers interpretation as I can, yet with my own style. But if I get caried away which usually is the case It will be all my style but still look like an alien egg. I have several cool ideas that I will be working on when I get the bugger molded and casted up. I am planing on using different materials so I will have to make 2 different molds. One for latex the other for resin. But I am geting ahead of myself. First things first. I need to finish this little egg of mine. Pictures coming soon...

*The Alien Raptor caresses the egg and holds it in his arms*. "come near and the queen will feast early... Hissss..."

P

pirkleations

You tease!!

We're beside ourselves with "eggs-pectation" and egg-citement"!!!

~DangerDavey

R

RaptorArts

Heheh Its Egg - Scruciating isnt it? LOL Heres the pictures of the sculpt. I didnt take pre sculpt pictures so I had to find the actual egg on the net. Then I freaked it out on photoshop so that you have to guess what it was originally
I also included in the photo the tool I use to make everything as uniform as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yautja clone

Thats looking " Egg cellent " Vince !

Omlets for everybody..yummy

S

Shataan

Eggsactly what teh Doctor ordered!!! Altho, too many eggs gives us Hives!!!

D

Dragonskinstudio

brill work vince!!! ...i might tap you up for one if there on offer

R

RaptorArts

Thanks guys. I am having a bit of a problem though... I think the lips of the egg are too tight... I look at gigers egg and the others that folowed through the other films and its a lot looser so I might have to resculpt the inner membrane so that its at least 1/8" apart for the slime to ooze through. What do you think?

R

Round Hammer

I think the tight-lipped egg looks better, but like you said, this is your interpretation of the egg so go with what looks best to you.

S

Shataan

Yeah the tight lips are nice. But the relaxed looks too relaxed. How bout a mix of both? Not too tight, but not too relaxed, inbetween? Lookin sweet tho. ;p

T

The Mortal Immortal

I know Vince your stuff is great a quality products. Hot glue or 2 part epoxy can be used to make the slime comming out of the egg.

R

RaptorArts

Ok because of a certain sombody, I have increased the size of my egg. It now stands 14" tall!. Thanks alot Dan! Btw your site is very helpfull on reference pics.

Also thanks Mortal Immortal for the tip on the slime I had no idea how i was going to do that.

S

Shadow predator

I prefer the loose/full lipped version, mainly because of the symbolism Giger put in it (As in: it resembles the female genitalia, symbol of birth)

F

Fakenrite

Haha sorry dude... I hope you gave some lyposuction on the sides

Dan

R

RaptorArts

Heres a pic comparison. Still working on the semetry

F

Fakenrite

Much better dude That shape makes a lot more sense although the bottom right pic, the sculpt looks a bit lopsided or something... anyhow, that shape is way better.

Dan

P

pirkleations

Loose lips crash ships.

I like Shataan's idea of a hybrid of the loose and tight seamed egg.

The loose one makes me think of my ex-wife too much when I look at it.

~DangerDavey