Aliens vs Predator drawing attempt

A

animetronic

Heres a drawing I did in 1992. I'd love to do one these days, with so much more reference material. Not too bad for a 17 year old. Im almost 31 now. Its so weird to look back on something you did so many years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sinister70

Nice ink work there. Was that drawing lifted form the AVP comic of the time? It looks like it, either way it's a nice job, copy or not.

J

JAILER1955

Excellent. You will be in deep siht if you don't start drawing again and posting them.

George

S

Savage Yautja

That is great! It does look like it's from a comic book. I think I can safely say ... we want more!

D

Destroyer

The Predator looks like a copy of a Predator drawn by Chris Warner.

P

PredatoRob

That looks badass!! Lifted or not that's impressive as all hell.

I was/am a big fan of Chris Warners Predator drawings. I did one of those too when I was about the same age.

Lets see some more stuff!

A

animetronic

Yep, this was a cover of a Dark Horse comic back in 91. I was asked to recreate it on 11x17 illustration board for my friend Victor. I didnt trace it but I pencilled it in the same poses as the cover art. I never liked their alien in the pic though and I made modifications to do my alien but I wasn't happy with it either. Now that there are so many photos of alien heads on the internet I could have done it much more justice. I have 2 other drawings I will post here as soon as I can take digital pics of them. One of them is an Alien drawing I did out of my head (no inspirational shots to go from) and the other is an original Predator 2 picture that I did on the night I came home from seeing Predator 2 in the theater. I remember staying up and drawing it because I was totally enthralled by the film.
Whats REALLY funny is I ran across some binders that I had in high school that are covered in various designs of Predator Bio helmets. I remember even sculpting a bio helmet in ceramics for art class and it cracked when they baked it. I am seriuosly interested in sculpting my own bio helmet these days.
Next post I'll show more art.

A

animetronic

Okay, here are a few.

This first one was the Predator 2 picture I did when I got home from seeing the film. I had a Predator comic book to use as a font reference and I did the rest from my mind. I actually won an art contest with this one at a local comic store. The lamination job I did on the paper REALLY ruins the ability to see the image. I'll find a dark photo copy of this piece so you can see actual details. The signature says 11/23/90 on it. That would make me 15 at the time.

I dont have a scanner these days so this is the best I could do. I took these with a digital camera.
This next one is just a doodle that I must have done in school, but you can see I had Aliens and Predator on the brain.

This one is a pencil Alien picture that I did 3/26/93. Sorry for the big file size but its a pretty detailed picture. Again, this one had a LOT of camera flash glare and I wish I could get a scan done of it. This doesnt really do it justice. I don't think I had any reference for this alien, so excuse the inaccuracies.

I also have a 10 page comic book that I did about Predators and a hunted species. The pages are 11x14 and I think I can get them scanned at my friends office. I'll upload those as well. You might get a kick out of it.

After these are posted, I should start on something new. My art skills have come along since the old days. This is just nostalgic for me.

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PredatrHuntr

I'd like to see the different Bio designs you did on those binders...

C

Cajun Predator

That's some serious skills you got there!! If I could draw like that I'd have a few pred tattoos!