Always darkest before the dawn .......

N

NibsFlibble

And that truism does happen.

Everyone experiences financial difficulty, and we're no exception. We've had to sell our collection of stuff more times than I'd care to count.

Just when I didn't think we'd be able to make it through the rest of August, something good happened, with a couple of other excellent things that may happen.

The good thing, I finally got a full-time job. I haven't interviewed for more than 20 years (since I've owned my own businesses for that long), so it's going to be different working for "Corporate America" again. Mentally I'm prepared, but physically, I'm not sure (since I'm disabled). I'm going to try and stick it out the best I can.

David's looking forward to being a "kept Husband"

Another good thing is we have a commission to paint and complete one of our Elder masks, with the possibility of doing more commission work. YAHOO!

We've also been contacted today to possibly make molds of costumes for a company here in the USA! Apparently our work is being seen (finally), so I'm excited about it. David hasn't seen the email yet, as he's not awake at this moment, but before I leave to work at my new job, I'll wake him up and tell him the good news.

Halloween is coming and our custom masks are being stockpiled, but I keep getting emails from past buyers that want to see the "new 2006 line", and may be placing some orders.

How cool is that?

S

Shataan

That is awesome Nibs!!!! I really do believe good things happen sooner or later, to good peeps. What goes around, comes around. :0) Synchronicity and all that. Again, awesome news! Good luck in your new job digs. They will soon find out they are lucky to have you.

Y

YautjaWan

Good to see some good things can happen in a world full of ****.

Happy for you guys.

T

The Big Gunns

Seems like the "life changing for the better" bug is biting alot of people... me included!

The Washington count down continues!
~Mel

T

The Xcalibor

Good Deal Deb, Im glad things are working great for ya. I wish you the best of luck on the New Job, oh BTW, you got mail

KEITH

N

NibsFlibble

Thanks everyone!

Well, at least the job will pay for the house and car, and it's nice to have a steady income for once.

Sales on ebay have been terrible, and with the new fee hikes coming 8/22, I'm moving thousands of items from there to another auction site. Of course, it'll take time for the buyers to find me again, but well worth the wait and I'll be saving tons of money on fees I would have otherwise paid eBay.

My new job is at Wal-Mart (OMG!) and at least I'm NOT pulling in minimum wage. And ..... they know 'quality' when they hired me . Been there two days and the store manager asked if I was interested in 'management'. OH, YEAH!

Sometimes things just fall in your lap at just the right time.

And Mel ..... hurry up and move to Washington!!!!!

D

drgnfyre4

Congrats to you guys! I am sooo glad to read some good news finally!!

P

philmar1962

Great to here it Nibs. My sister in law went back to work after 20 years too at Walmart and has been promoted to Mgmt. and is loving it and doing pretty well I must say...Good Luck! Glad things are going up.

S

Savage Yautja

Sales on ebay have been terrible, and with the new fee hikes coming 8/22, I'm moving thousands of items from there to another auction site. Of course, it'll take time for the buyers to find me again, but well worth the wait and I'll be saving tons of money on fees I would have otherwise paid eBay.
I'd be posting the other auction site info in my listings so people could find me easier. You could also contact past buyers to pass along the info of the changes. Just a few ideas to get the word out and keep the customers coming back for more.

N

NibsFlibble

Well, can't mention anything about other auction sites in my eBay listings ..... it'll get pulled in a blink of the eye.

I've already started contacting my repeat buyers, but I have to be very careful, because some might consider it spam and report it to ebay .... and then I'll be banned - permanently.

I've already been "pink-slapped" (the ebay forum moderators are called that, because their threads are highlighted in pink) in the forums there so often, that if I get one more I'll be banned as there as well.

I'll still do some listing on ebay, but not the thousands of items I had there originally. Only about 200 right now, with the rest being distributed to other auction sites.

The selling is slow, as eBay is trying their best to get rid of ebay stores. They're now deleting a lot of the search function for them, but are raising the listing fees from 250-500% (no joke) starting 8/22.

It's tough, but I'm tougher!!!!!!

K

kithunter

It's tough, but I'm tougher!!!!!!
That is the million dollar answer, for most things.

thanks for putting the point on the spear.

AM

C

carlart

Listing fees going 250-500% higher? WTF! There's no real competition out there, and that's obviously why these eBay slugs figure they can pull this sh_t. Hallelujah--American entrepeneurship - somebody who doesn't have to pay for top-heavy management who can offer listing fees at a reasonable price. Let the competition begin, and let the nimrods at eBay learn what capitalism is. For cryin' out loud!!!

Great news, Deb. Good luck to you in your new endeavor---you haven't been rectuited to the greeter aquadron have you ?!

Good luck with the new mask guys, it's killer.

carlart