am I ready? tip and advice needed

P

pro predator

am i ready to star body building?
i'm 14 years old
heres a pic
anyone that got any brains out of bodybuilding or strenght train tips always welcome
wanna train naturaly
thanks!!
PICT2057.jpg

peace!

M

Maverick118

Dude, wait until you're 16, give your bones a chance to cap and finish growing before pounding the weights.

As for tips, simple Train hard train heavy and train with someone else that'll motivate you and bring out the competetive side of you, in a freindly way. I did this with my buddy who out weighs me by about 60 pounds and is taller than me by a good foot. But I managed to keep up with him and even surpass him on my squats 225kg, dead lifts close to the 300kg mark and shrugs 260 kg and I only weighed in at 95 kg.

You've got an advantage already with your boxing mate it's given you dicipline, it's also given you the insight in to how much hard work is involved in training for something you want.

S

Shadow predator

My only question is why? (I know "how" is much more fun to awnser).

You look like a healthy kid in great shape, you're young and need a few more years rest. (16? Better make that 18 or even 22.)

If you start bodybuilding to agressive at this age, your body will adjust to it's new workload, wich will result in reducement of growth.

Really, wait a few years, eat and sleep well, keep motivated and start slowly when you're 18 to gain weight and shape.
Crawl before you walk.

M

Maverick118

Leaving it as late as 22 isn't a good idea if your serious about body building, unless you have great genetics. The whole point in starting in the years betweeen 16 and 18 is that 1: the bones have usually capped

B

bammatrooper

damn i was about to start doin the same thing
i'm also 14
and also you make me feel fat now
haha

P

pro predator

well thanks for tellin me that
but i'm now about 73kg myself
i'm gettin 15 soon, i eat well, and try to give my muscles undurance like doing fast movements with light weights
when i'm 16 or the doctor says i can do, i'm going for the hevier weights, does anyone have a diet or something like that
i read about that alot...

M

Maverick118

At your age Diet won't be that major concern, well not worrying about gaining fat at least like us oldies. When I first started out I was eating anything that wasn't nailed down. Six meals a day, and you should probably be eating or drinking something every couple of hours or so. Protein shakes are okay but can be expensive. An inexpensive and tasty version is mixing skimmed milk powder with a couple of scoops of ice cream, then add a carton of yoghurt and a piece of fruit An liquidise it. Don't do it for a long time or it'll be realy thick. It's filling and stacked with calories.

S

Supreme Hunter

If you want a cheap way to get a bunch of protein in a meal simply eat 3 cans of tuna a day. No mayonaise, no other spices or anything just the plain tuna. A lot of people hate the taste of tuna and the smell kinda sticks on your tounge even after you brush your teeth, but 32.5 grams of protein per can is just a awesome supply of protein.

-Chris

M

Maverick118

Yep Tuna is great, but if you go for it get it in brine and not oil.

S

Shadow predator

Brine?

Well, oil has some benefits too, but I always toss the Tuna in salads and on bread with cheese. Works fine.

M

Maverick118

The oil most Tuna is canned is a big source of cholestorol, not something you want to be taking in in large amounts on a regular basis.

S

Shadow predator

True, but it's better than having your bread covered in butter, if you know what I mean. You need fat, whether you like it or not. Just like you need fiber and salt...

B

bammatrooper

well what do you think the heaviest weight that we should do at our age to be lifting so we dont really hurt ourselves?

S

Supreme Hunter

at ur age i would really stress not to do anything over 150lbs on bench, um not so sure on sqauts maybe like 180lbs and do lots of reps. We dont know what your maxing out at so i cant give u a good estimate. tell us your max in bench, sqaut, military, curl, incline. you know the basics. Give us a list of maxes and ill be able to help ya out, with what and what not to do.

-Chris

N

ninjasith

Great advice so far, but here are some other considerations...

1. You should also consult some current bodybuilders in your area, more than like members of the National Physique Committee, which all amateur bodybuilders have to start to compete. There are levels for teens and the experience will allow you to do what your need to do do actually bodybuild, which is more than just gaining muscle. To take it seriously, you should be considering posing, symmetry, and definition, not just size.

2. As far as dieting, you should take the next year or so and focus on bulking. Your testosterone levels are still high and you will utilize the nutrients. This means increasing calories. Get into the habit now of recording meals, with calories, ratios of protein, carbs, and fats, because this will be the main area to be manipulated for true contest preparation.

3. Your nutrient ration for bodybuilding now should be 50% carbs, 25% fats (less than 10% from animal fat), and 25% protein. As the intensity of your workouts increase, your ratio will change. The research shows that athletic males should be taking 1.5 to 2.0grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight.

4. Your supplement regime could include some creatine, amino acids. Anything else right now wouldn't be necessary.

Sorry to ramble. I am a personal trainer and trainer instructor. keep asking questions. Don't guess and don't listen to guys in the "locker room."

P

pro predator

heard some really good tips so far thanks
i'm now going to wrokout for an hour or so
then i'm going tohave some fun with the guys in town!
chasing girls you know
how are the tips on the bones?
cause i'm like 1 m 86 now i don't know if i'm groing anymore
i grew like 1 cm in a year now...
i'm drinking lots of milk like a gallon a day ...
i don't know if this is neccecary but the fitness insctructor told me milk is important for the bones,
eatin lots of meat stimulates the muscle grow?
maybe you guys know more??

thank!

S

Shadow predator

anything more than half a gallon is wasted liquid and bad for your kidney's. You can smell it when you pee, it smells sweet, and that is because of the lactose, the milky variant on sugar.