Ancient Elder Mask ..... Tribal Teeth Pics 7/8

N

NibsFlibble

Here we finally have the semi-elder Pred head mask put together. What you see is a raw pull that has not been trimmed in any way yet.

This particular mask is super thick latex in several layers and stands pretty much on its own. The original mother mold is broken, so we have to make another master mold, so this is the only one of its kind at the moment.

The latex has been colored slightly to show the details better. There's still a few flaws, but that's because of the mold, and not the sculpt itself.

The smaller dred holes in the back are because when you put all one size dred on, they all 'poof' out more. With the smaller dreds, they will lay flatter, giving them a more natural look.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dragonskinstudio

looks gr8 man ill look forward to seeing finished with dreads..kkep up the good work mr fibs

T

The Big Gunns

Its a boy! A very wrinkly old one at that. Nice take on an elder. I would love to add him to my collection.

~Mel

I

inkdoctor

oh i so freakin want one. let everyone know when there avalible. great job.

M

Master Yoda 54

Ditto on everything Guys, that looks fantastic. I can't wait to see one all painted up. It would look absolutely awesome with some of mels inks on it.

KEITH

A

alkalilake

Looks really great, how much? C'mon, give us a clue here I'm droolin...

N

NibsFlibble

Some of our stuff has made it to film, especially small production Horror films.

I did some makeup and prosthetic work on "Starship Troopers".

David hasn't made it to the big films yet, but he's getting noticed more and more!

M

Maverick118

That looks great guys, and will look even better when trimmed. Nice work there.

B

BurntKona

Fantastic. Just so much detail has been captured. I'll echo the sentiment that we can't wait to see it painted.

J

JAILER1955

That mask is a beautie. Hell, I would wear it just as it is. It looks far better than my mug.

Please make sure that I am your list for him. I'm on everyone elses list (S.pecial H.igh I.ntensity T.raining list) , but I would much rather be on yours.

George

V

vampro

NICE, VERY NICE

Well, I Know I'm on alot of lists. But this is one I would not mind being on at all.

T

The Mortal Immortal

That amazing I wish I could scuplt stuff like that.

P

pirkleations

Thanks for all of the compliments, my friends.

I've got to clean this one up a bit, do some filling and blending at the seams and in a couple of spots. Once that is done, I'm going to make a more manageable mold from. The current mold is over 50 lbs and too hard to flip, turn and slush. I'll do a thinner mold re-enforced with burlap or jute straw(or both?) I want to keep the mold under 25-30 lbs.

Once the new mold is done, I can start whipping out some castings!!

No set price yet. I'll be PM-ing the people on my little list and adding names as needed when I have that sorted out.

Thanks again for the great feedback!!

DangerDavey

M

Master Yoda 54

it looks great Dave, can't wait to see this thing painted up.

KEITH

M

Moose Matson

I think that on the side pics you get a better feel for the amount of wrinkling on this old boy. He is absolutely beautiful. You have done one hell of an excellent job detailing him. Brava, Bravo, Bravisimoose!

D

drgnfyre4

Looks fan freakin tastic! I am really liking the folds and wrinkles along the side of the jaw, very detailed and natural looking.

A

alkalilake

I think Andrew should get Larry to paint up one of these guys to put right next to his elder on the lair logo. What's better than one elder? Two!