Anyone here playing Gears of War / 360?

T

tjm023

I'm blown away by the images and reviews I've see in some sites, to the point where I'm considering dishing out the cash for a 360 just so I can play it. Anyone out there own this and if so what's your opinion.
I wanted a PS3 but I'm thinking of holding off a year or so and getting the 360 instead.

I'm confused

Tom

T

The Xcalibor

dude, go for it!!!! Gears of War is, IMHO, the best shooter action game ever and the best game for the 360! The games graphics and game play are out of this world. The story sucks but what do you expect, lol. Pretty much your typical monster invasion and we need to kill everything story. I love this game and my 360. Id wait on the PS3 till next year and maybe even get a Wii. the Wii looks so awesome with the gameplay design and a thing. Well, hope this helps ya mate.

KEITH

T

The Baileys Bandit

gow is incredible.online is a blast(so my friend says!).i cannot believe the storyline and intense sniper/recon action.plays just like a neoholocaustic hostile situation,lol.at all cost-get it.i will buy it back from u if u r disappointed!

J

JediUsurper

Eye candy galore.

Story is ya typical off to save the world senario, but the gameplay and AI are 1st class.

the warfare is as realistic as i have seen in a game, ie no running in jumping and circle straffing, well you could be youd be dead in .5 of a second.

taking cover reloading trying to out flank etc all very good things in a game that has bundles of atmosphere and looks the dogs danglies.

its a good laugh online also, get a few liked minded mates on and its real good, you have to cover each other and work as a team.

M

moshi407

Gears Of War rocks...multi player I think is the best part of it...Look me up I play every night we can go hunt

S

Shadow predator

Been playing much lately, love it, it's like a freighttrain that keeps running you over and over...

And with these visuals, I surely want an AvP3....

J

JediUsurper

AVP3 with today tech would possibly make someone **** their pants somewhere.

T

tjm023

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I think I just found my new Christmas gift to myself.

Thanks again.

Tom

J

JediUsurper

You'll love it TOM.

Best 360 game so far, online is a blast also.

For anyone who doesnt know, there is strong rumours that it will be a trilogy also

T

The Xcalibor

Yes Lee,

I have heard from Epic that this is going to be a trilogy. With the next one being on the 360 and the possibility of the thrid and final instalment being on Microsofts next console.

Im content with the first game, but as long as they are willing to make this a better game and continue to be innovative, im all for it and will buy it. GOW RULES!!!!!!!

KEITH

T

The Xcalibor

im not playing it at all right now ya turd. lol. Should be back here on friday.

KEITH

T

tjm023

Well, I'm officialy an Xbox360 owner and also picked up the GOW game . The bad news if that I can't open it year until Christmas since the only way to convince the wife was to to say it is for one of the kids . It was tough because he has the PS2 already and what he wanted was the PS3 but I managed to convince him to ask for the Xbox since the PS3 is hard to find. Shameful phycology but HEY I pay the bills.
So come Dec 25th my son and I will be shooting and blowing stuff up.

Tom

T

The Xcalibor

congrats mate. The 360 rocks all dude, i finally got my 360 back yesterday so ill finally be able to rock and roll on some GOW!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

KEITH