anyone sell predator 1 style blades ?

inkmonster

Hunter
does anybody out there sell some nice predator 1 style blades? i know dragonskin used to sell a awsome set of them but i guess he no longer has them avalible. i have a set of the bde blades but im looking for a set a bit closer to the originals. anyone that does if your interested in selling a set you can reach me through a pm or email me at dwayne@tvli.net.

I am currently looking for some as well. I saw some on Ebay, but I wouldn't mind getting some from our fellow hunters if available.

Shai tan

Hunter
The only set I am seeing on ebay atm, are AVP blades. And they are made/sold by a member here named SeaHunterr. A Quality set of blades. Does anyone here do a movie accurate set of P1 blades? I have seen a few different P1 styles. Might be worth looking into making them. ;0)

inkmonster

Hunter
yeah genes on ebay are awsome but there the AVP style blades. i know derek made a great set awhile back but he dont seem to be selling the predator items anymore. i have a cool pattern for a set of p-1 style blades i may give it a go at making my own. i just dont know the best way to go about it. from what i saw in the adi video they maybe used a balsa foam and cut and shaped the blades then cast them in resin. i know guys that make them out of wood to then cast them up. i cant seem to find any of the proper foam material to make them around here. but if i can its looking like i may have to make my own if i want a set.

Shai tan

Hunter
Necessity IS the mother of invention. ;p

Replying to Sea below...

ya know if I had some good pics, with the new material I use, I could pump some P1 blades out pretty fast. lol Then I`d have to ship em to my San Diego partner to mould. hehhhehhe

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
More blades the merrier. Gary does a great job at making nice props. I can see that if he desides to make them they will be movie accurate.

Shai tan

Hunter
lol Ok, I originally sculpted the AVP blades for SeaHunterr. He molded and cast them... we are partners on some joint projects. SeaHunterr is now the AVP blade guy as I gave them to him. ... and I keep my name as Co Creator/Sculpter etc.

Since you emailed me asking if we could keep the AVP blades design, but add on the P1 shaft, I asked SeaHunterr if he could do this. Shouldn`t be too hard to mod. I could do a totally new set, but every time I ship to the U.S. for molding/casting, it costs me 75 bucks at least. I felt the fastest way to get them to you was to ask SeaHunterr to mod his AVP blades by adding the Predator 1 blade shaft for you. . K? hehhhe

*whew*

inkmonster

Hunter
i may even have a go at making some myself if i can find some lexan plastic around 1/4 to 5/16 thick to cut the basic shape on then add the clay or putty to finish them off.

I used 2 pieces of Styrene sheeting and milliput to make my P1 style blades. I used an small sheet of aluminium sheeting too between the 2 pieces of styrene that formed the outter skin of a single blade as this gave it a lot more rigidity. Oh and if you use millput or plumbers putty you can use Vic's vaporub to smooth it out. Got that tip from Mike "Drgnfyre" when he did his batarang tutorial and it works a treat.

DSC02214.jpg

Here's what I finished this week, basically modded Gary's AVP blades. Little more detailing and finishing and I'll mold it up, hopefully make a few casts this upcoming weekend.