Most armor is made with black or dark colored latex and resins, some are not.
1. I airbrush the item black
2. After the black is dry I add my next color with a sponge. (for P1 I use a dark silver and P2 I use silver)
3. When the paint is still a little wet I add the next color. (P1 I use silver and P2 I use copper or bronze)
4. Now I use a stripping brush to paint any spots I don't want over spray. (Over spray can be good or bad)
5. When thats all dry I come back in with black grey and airbrush in shadows.
6. Next I load the air brush with black and go back over the shadowed area. This brings in another dimension to the look.
7. I come back in with the highlights.
Not all people paint the sameway. I probably do more or less steps then others. The painting should be up to you. If everone painted the same way there would be no individuality.