Art Contest ?

J

JAILER1955

I was thinking of a contect for the art lovers.
What do you win?
Not a thing.
How do you win?
By drawing.
How do you lose?
By not drawing.

The idea is to have an individual choose a subject. A face, gauntlets, blades, armor, a pose or action, Whatever.

The people that wish to can enter their interpitation of the subject matter, several if you wish, but no more than 5. Decide on a time limit and go to it.

Everyone can and should enter. I already know that there are several artists out there that are much better than I, so winning is not the point. The point is to present different ideas on the same subject matter at the same time.

We would need someone to choose the subject matter and to collect the votes from the members.

Give it a thought ladies and gentlemen.

George

P

PredatrHuntr

I'm game. My pencil has been idle for a while - time to put it to use.

This is an awesome idea - a collaboration of all the artists here doing the same thing, but with their own style!

Artists I'd like to see in this contest: Buttzilla, PredatoRob, JAILER1955; tjm023; frank thing; josephchoi, and anyone else who would like to enter.

We should have two or three different pictures...lets throw out some ideas. They can be the original designs, or your own creation. Here are some ideas:

-P1 or P2 Predator posed (ready for battle; crouched down trying not to be seen; clinging to a brick wall; in a tree; etc)

-a Bio helmet either existing or a brand new design

-Close up of a Predator's face/dreads

-Predator/Alien hybrid

-Bad Blood (Predator vs Predator)

-Predator VS (Batman; Wolverine; Sabertooth; etc)

-You version of someone else's Predator drawing.

At the end, we can put a poll up and have everyone vote for thier favorite in each category. Sound cool?

Any other ideas?

J

JAILER1955

Good.

One thing, should we use one idea at a time or several at a time?

Personally, I prefer one or two at a time. Your thoughts!?

These should be new drawings for the competition, not ones already posted. However, we could have an honorable mention in which we would post old drawings for comparisons.

George

C

Chancelor22

I do like the idea. It would be a good place for me to put sketches of the bios I want to do.

J

JAILER1955

Let us raise our pencils and drink a toast to the ... well, have a drink anyway.

Let us now design the structure of the contest. I've already mentioned mine ideas eariler.

We have got to get this thing going before I get too excited. You know that adult depends are costly.

J

JAILER1955

Ok, how does this sound;

One the first of the month, the moderator posts the subject matter to be drawn.

The drawers will have until the 20th to make their entries for any or all subjects.

During the 21st through the end of the 25th, lair members, using the message system of the lair, shall post their vote for each subject. The votes would be sent to the moderator of the contest. During this time, the moderator will keep track of the members that vote and keeping track of the votes for each subject.

The 26th to the 28th, the moderator will post the results for the lair to see. This will give the moderator one to two days to leave town in the event that people don't like the results

This leaves a couple days, depending on the month, for comments and idea swaping. Then the routine starts again.

We need two things; the first is to get members to agree to the basic structure of the contest and also, a moderator to run it.

Additional suggestions and nominations are welcome from any and all members.

George

C

Chancelor22

I'm game.

And I think since it was your idea, you should be the moderator.

J

JAILER1955

Got one response.

Subject matter ideas so far.

Any existing predator, any predator you want to design posed for action or a scene (ready for battle; crouched down: trying not to be seen: clinging to a brick wall; in a tree; etc)

Bio helmets, existing or new designs, either being worn or by themselves

protraits, profiles and 3/4 views of existing or created predator faces

studies of parts of the predator body (hands, feet, keep it clean ), old style, new designs

studies of parts of the predators armor. If you drool over cod pieces, cannons, body armor or a new armor design, go for it

Predator/Alien hybrid: now that's open for a whole bunch of ideas.

Bad Blood (Predator vs Predator)

Predator VS (Batman; Wolverine; Sabertooth; some type of prey)

Your version of someone else's Predator drawing

other occupations that predators must do; doctor, mechanic, you get the idea.

The prey. They would not be much of a predator without prey.

Make your suggestions, come one, come all!!!

George

J

JAILER1955

Also, I can remember that there are several people in the lair that have shown drawings in the past. Nows your chance to rekindle that relationship with the pencil.

Remember, being a master like Rob (he's one of my idols) is not necessary. The idea is the important thing. Without ideas, dreams and some fantasy thrown in, it would be a very dull place.

George

S

Supreme Hunter

This is a really cool idea although its gonna suck to be blown out of the water by people like rob and tjm023. It sounds fun and if i can fish out some drawings that are hidden around my room ill post them.

-Chris

J

JAILER1955

I never considered it being blown out of the water. While they are much beer than I, everyone does something better than the other. Style, technique, subject matter and the desire. Oh yeah, you gotta enjoy what you do. If you don't enjoy it, then you've lost already. I enjoy what I do and hopefully others do too.

Suggest a subject matter that you think will be a good showcase for your style.

George

J

JAILER1955

It has started! Check new thread, ok, George

This is the first run. Some things are not going to be done the way that I had wanted. This time I pick the subjects. I prefer to have everyone suggest and vote on that. I want to give people more notice and time to draw. Please pass word of the contest around and try to get everyone involved.

Suggestions for me, to me, about how to handle things will be welcome also as I have never done this before.

A WORD OF HONOR:
If an item is designed/drawn by someone and you really like it, PLEASE ask the contributing artist for permission to turn THEIR idea into three demensions and respect their wishes.

Thank you

George

P

PredatrHuntr

Joe - your pic is awesome!

Two things...

1. It looks like the very bottom got cut off - or is that all ther is?

2. Can you enlarge the picture so that we can see a bigger version?

Very cool pic...I love the armor...

J

josephchoi

Thx for the comp. I appreciated it. that's all there is lol

J

JAILER1955

Predator and or armor bearing influences of a certain era or local.
Civil War influences,
Celts,
Romans,
Vikings, etc.

Any predator posed for action or a scene (ready for battle; crouched down: trying not to be seen: clinging to a brick wall; in a tree; etc)

Bio helmets, existing or new designs, either being worn or by themselves

Portraits, profiles or 3/4 views of existing or created predator faces

Studies of parts of the predator body (hands, feet, keep it clean ), old style, new designs

Studies of parts of the predators armor. If you drool over cod pieces, cannons, body armor or a new armor design, go for it

Predator/Alien hybrid: now that's open for a whole bunch of ideas.

Bad Blood (Predator vs Predator)

Predator VS (Batman; Wolverine; Sabertooth; some type of prey)

Your version of someone else's Predator drawing

other occupations that predators must do; doctor, mechanic, you get the idea.

The prey. They would not be much of a predator without prey.

A stick figure or an outline of a figure would be posted and the artists base their work on it. Same pose, no restrictions.

Make your suggestions and I will add them here!