AVP "AGAINST" STATUE FINISHED

ta2pro

Hunter
so here it is,but....faken said he thinks the water should be swampy,murky.whats your guys opinions.we'll c,then ill go from there.

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02671.jpg

DSC02672.jpg

DSC02673.jpg

BENSIN

Hunter
Actually, while I do think swampy, or murky water would look nice as well, the clean blue water is a great contrast to the terrible monsters that are fighting in it. It's kind of a 'doom enters paradise' feel, imagine some heavenly beach planet where the inhabitants are used to peace and natural beauty, and then BAM, Xenos and Predatores bitches, Xenos and Predators...what're you going to do, hit them with your surf board? So yea, I like it.

adegregorio

Hunter
Looks fantastic.

Like Bensin said......Its a total contrast from the creatures.

Be different dude! Keep the blue water.

AL

Faken

Hunter
Meh I don't like the blue like that... it's doesn't look realistic at all, even if it was in tropical water. The water is blue from far away as a reflection of the sky. When you're right in to it like that, it's not blue like that, it's actually clear with a greenish tint from the sand. I dunno, it just steals from the realism of the piece. Other than that, it rules LOL

BENSIN

Hunter
Maybe so, but WE (everybody looking at 'the fight') are not in the water, THEY are, and we're watching this 'fight' from a distance (which is a smart idea), thus, the water appears blue.

Sinister

Hunter
That is a fantastic kit. The paint up really sets it off too. But I'm in agreement regarding the water, as I think it looks a tad unrealistic. Murky water would look better, or at least tone down the blue if as others have said you're after a contrast to the creatures. As at present the eye gets drawn straight to the water. Still this is a very tasty piece.

On a side note regarding this kit. Does anyone know a supplier for this in the U.K. as I think as this piece wieghs close to 6lbs it's gonna be a killer for shipping.

Faken

Hunter
Maybe so, but WE (everybody looking at 'the fight') are not in the water, THEY are, and we're watching this 'fight' from a distance (which is a smart idea), thus, the water appears blue.
Not THAT far away.

Dan

Faken

Hunter
That is a fantastic kit. The paint up really sets it off too. But I'm in agreement regarding the water, as I think it looks a tad unrealistic. Murky water would look better, or at least tone down the blue if as others have said you're after a contrast to the creatures. As at present the eye gets drawn straight to the water. Still this is a very tasty piece.

On a side note regarding this kit. Does anyone know a supplier for this in the U.K. as I think as this piece wieghs close to 6lbs it's gonna be a killer for shipping.
Sorry I don't know anyone in the UK that has them... I have one in stock now, but I'm in North America.

BENSIN

Hunter
Not THAT far away.

Dan

*Pretends that you're not making any sense...*

True, it's not THAT far away, I guess you could tone it down a BIT, but I still love the 'tropical' water look, murky is fine too, but this is definitely a nice change from the usual, muggy, backwater planet.

Sinister

Hunter
Yeah I noticed you had one in stock Faken. That's what made me ask. If a can't track a genuine supplier in the U.K. down then I'll have to start counting my pennies, get it from you and fork out for the exhorbitant shipping :p The Wife will NOT be pleased.

Mannowar

Hunter
I'm not big on the blue water either... However, if you murk it up too much, the dead alien in the water at the pred's feet wouldn't be noticed as much... Maybe murk it up a little and add some iridescent green "blood" swirled in with it ???

sabres21768

Blooded
I'm not big on the blue water either... However, if you murk it up too much, the dead alien in the water at the pred's feet wouldn't be noticed as much... Maybe murk it up a little and add some iridescent green "blood" swirled in with it ???
Wow, everyone is so focused on the water color. What about that kick ass paint work on the Pred and the Aliens!!

I like the water. I think it's a nice change of pace.

Great coloring on the Pred skintones/armor and the Aliens!!

Faken

Hunter
Wow, everyone is so focused on the water color. What about that kick ass paint work on the Pred and the Aliens!!

Joe and I talk frequently on IM, so I already did the freak-out on his paint job. Now I'm just working on convincing him to fix up the water color by busting his chops :p

Mannowar

Hunter

LOL...no one's questioning Joe's paint-up on the critters... He specifcally asked our opinions of the water color... ergo, everyone is commenting on the H20.

baileys bandit

Unblooded
nice to see you finally got that painted joe! looks great, everyone's already commented on the water so i don't have too, one thing i did want to mention is you should hit your alien with some future floor finish(his body looks way to dry). I was curious when you would finally get this thing done, did you find all the pieces of it from when it got dropped or did you have to sculpt some stuff?