AVP Armor Templates By VinMan

oxtheii

Blooded
Hi, sorry to sound thick but would you mind explaining in a bit more detail please as when I have opened the template in photoshop they do not seem to print in the correct size? I have tried to follow your instructions but i am a bit lost. I tried to change the canvas size on the belt for instance and it shrinks down but i lose some of the details of the actual template. Changing the canvas size seems to work well with the first chest piece template though so at least thats something i have managed to do :)

I am struggling with the next bit though if you would be so kind as to explain. How would i go about scaling up the canvas size to 8.5x 11? and where would i find the dpi settings to change it to 72? Many thanks for any pointers you can give this numpty! And a special thank you to Vinman for supplying the awesome templates to everyone!

Casper
No worries, photoshop can be tricky. When you go to copy an image and start a new document in photoshop there should be a DPI option at the bottom it might say 300 but if it says 72 then you should be okay. Some of the items will be bigger than a regular sheet of paper, but I'm sure you knew that.
You go to Image>Canvas size to change the canvas size, you go to Image>Image size to change the whole image size, if you need to change to 72 DPI unselect all the options for resampling the image size.

I don't know if that made sense lol

casper uk

Unblooded
No worries, photoshop can be tricky. When you go to copy an image and start a new document in photoshop there should be a DPI option at the bottom it might say 300 but if it says 72 then you should be okay. Some of the items will be bigger than a regular sheet of paper, but I'm sure you knew that.
You go to Image>Canvas size to change the canvas size, you go to Image>Image size to change the whole image size, if you need to change to 72 DPI unselect all the options for resampling the image size.

I don't know if that made sense lol
Thank you! It's all starting to make a bit more sense now! I have the DPI set to 72 and the canvas size is correct. if i go into Image>Image size and change the document size section to 8.5 x 11 inches i should be ok? Just trying to get my head around it all as my mind is saying if i change the image size to 8.5 x 11 inches it will print it all onto one page instead of over 2 or how ever many it should be? :)

Thanks once again!

oxtheii

Blooded
Thank you! It's all starting to make a bit more sense now! I have the DPI set to 72 and the canvas size is correct. if i go into Image>Image size and change the document size section to 8.5 x 11 inches i should be ok? Just trying to get my head around it all as my mind is saying if i change the image size to 8.5 x 11 inches it will print it all onto one page instead of over 2 or how ever many it should be? :)

Thanks once again!
That should all work, just be sure to uncheck resample image :)
PM me if you need more help.

Daniel Burgee

Unblooded
I am glad these are starting to become a benefit to those creating their own armor

Here is another

I do not claim to be the end all be all in this matter.
These are so subject to a particular set of screen grabs and any other resource material out there.
I only attempt to the best I can in interpolating these into realistically working templates.

This one was the most difficult yet

Thigh Armor
Hello! great templates!! i was wondering if you have the template for the rest of the thigh armor?

Last edited by a moderator:

chickenjug

Young Blood
Thanks for providing these patterns. I am using your templates for my budget build.

I really flared out the shoulders for a knight-ish Mad Max look.

These are craft foam (foamies) with a quick base priming of plasti-dip.

IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

DeadPool

Blooded
I have read this whole thread and i understand that there are programs like AutoCAD and windows picture it to size the template to actual size. The thing I dont understand is how to do it myself. I am usually pretty good with computers but this has thrown a curveball at me. If someone can help me step by step I will be well on my way and I will appreciate it...
-Kyle

Masque

Unblooded
I've looked through all these fantastic templates and I was wondering if there was one for the Biomask? I'm on a limited budget and I would like to find a way to make one out of the material I have here at the house. Anyone have any suggestions?

YautjaGirl

Unblooded
You could try the Pepakura bio mask, which is what I'm trying at the moment. I printed it all out (had to download free program to do it - pepakura viewer) and then glued the paper to poster board. Now I'm cutting the pieces out and assembling. Planning to coat it with resin if I think it will work and go from there. Maybe add a few things here and there.

I figure it's a good and super cheap way to start out and just see how far you can bring it. :)

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/22195-new-predator-pepakura-armour-ready-for-download/

Directlinq

Unblooded
Hi
Could somebody please tell me the order to create the foam armour please. Do you glue it together, coat it all in pva, then paint.?? or do you pva it, paint each induvidually then glue it all together? Also what is the best ratio for the pva and water, to stop brush strokes??

Many Thanks

WhiteWolf24

Unblooded
Hey Vinman!! Thanks for the templates!! I'm making my first set of armor so these are helping Sooooo much dude!! But I think I missed the template for the shin guards and back pack unit?

chickenjug

Young Blood
Hey Vinman!! Thanks for the templates!! I'm making my first set of armor so these are helping Sooooo much dude!! But I think I missed the template for the shin guards and back pack unit?
No shin templates.

If you do a search there are some good ideas elsewhere on the board, but no printable patterns that I found. I liked this one. He used Vinman's upper arm shoulder patterns [linky]. There are also some pepakura files that could help you with designing your calves/shins...

Dennyvazquez

Unblooded
Hi everyone, I'm very new here and also this will be the first costume I build. Thanks Vinman for sharing all the templates they are the best around the net I could find, this is the first sample of what is comming out of your guidelines.

I have no time (neither money) to go fancy for this 2012 halloween so I decided to start this project with a Rubi's mask, the faceplate arrived broken, what a chip piece of plastinc, however inspired by all of what I have read in this place I decided to get my hands dirty and added a 3 led circuit, the 'hunters' logo and replaced the sight screen for a metal perf liner.

This is how it is going, so far I have done the shoulders also, the butt plate the chest plate and I'm working right now on the full chest.

I apologize if I do not explain myself correctly, I'm not familiar with the "predators language" and definitions and also English is not my first languaje.

Best regards to all.

Denny.

P.D. I have an eco-tourism adventure company in Baja, I can't wait to see my son doing rapel with a full costume.
groinvinmanmac.jpg
faceplatep.jpg

DeadPool

Blooded
No shin templates.

If you do a search there are some good ideas elsewhere on the board, but no printable patterns that I found. I liked this one. He used Vinman's upper arm shoulder patterns [linky]. There are also some pepakura files that could help you with designing your calves/shins...
Yes, whitewolf if you need help with shin armor (my way) I would be glad to help you through p.m. and chickenjug thanks for the complement I'm glad my shin armor is somewhat helping out lol

NewHunter

Unblooded
Hey sir I just wanted tell you everything looks great that I've saw posted from you. I have a question for you is the reason why messaged you. On your foamy cutouts and layouts if I made them, what can I use to make it hard like risen because I'm making a bone Elder and I need everything to look hard and a bone type way.... But I'm going to use the Avp armor cause it looks the best..but want them to be risen, and have a white color to them instead to look like bone the best I can.... Is there something clear and shiny I can put over them that sets up...I can paint over it.... Hoping to get other people's input on this as well

wonko

Hunter
NewHunter said:
Hey sir I just wanted tell you everything looks great that I've saw posted from you. I have a question for you is the reason why messaged you. On your foamy cutouts and layouts if I made them, what can I use to make it hard like risen because I'm making a bone Elder and I need everything to look hard and a bone type way.... But I'm going to use the Avp armor cause it looks the best..but want them to be risen, and have a white color to them instead to look like bone the best I can.... Is there something clear and shiny I can put over them that sets up...I can paint over it.... Hoping to get other people's input on this as well
Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDwQg6CX25A.  I tried a small piece of foam and it works very well.  

Brian

Lonewolf260

Blooded
Thank you so much for sharing these! This has really helped me with my costume! At first I just drew it based on the pictures, then I realized you can print them off the size they are supposed to be:p really appreciate this thread man! You helped out alot of people!

-lonewolf

Nador

Young Blood
For those who need the piece for the Calf/shin, whatever lol, I made it.

It might not look perfect, I strongly suggest to trace over the lines with a sharpie pen, the lines aren't perfect, haha,  but yeah I did my best and that's how it came, I did my possible for it to look at least like in the movie, you might need to modify it if you need to, I'm a 5'7 woman and that template was made to fit me, but a few more cm or mm can resize it :)

I didn't make the whole calf armor yet because I only focused on that one, which seems to be the more difficult, but hope you'll find it helpful ! :)

PS : I used Photofiltre 7 for the template, if you already have photofiltre ( 7 or older, doesn't really matter ) when you print it, in the setting before printing, ajust the piece to be in it's '' real scale '', beside the '' page '' there's 3 option, it's the third one, click on it, and you should get the real scale of my piece :)

Attachments