AVP Backpack from scratch

Bovine13

Hunter
Dammit! I hate it when I miss threads like this! That is one of the best backpacks I have seen on this board. Very nice work, great use of materials, great coloring and weathering. It looks sick! Cheers man!

vinmanmac

Hunter
This was one of the most difficult pieces to make (bomb gauntlet)
but it was also the most rewarding to have tackled.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

cujo66

Blooded
Vinman, you are the man. I'm working on my first suit and you have been a God send. Awesome work. You are the Zin, Buddha, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Bob Villa, Yoda, Yautja master. :(

freaking outstanding man!!......to be honest that looks waay better than most backpacks ive seen yet! very nice paint and clean build.

Jon

Blooded
Agreed on the inquiry about the templates! The backpack/medkit is the last thing I need to build. Templates would be great!

reaver

Unblooded
I'd love to see some templates, as well. But I'd also like to know what that pink filler is that you use. It it the same stuff that is used for body work on cars?

Oh, and by the way, absolutely awesome work.

Atlantian

Blooded
Now I cant wait to start on my backpack, I tried a cardboard one but failed miserably :mad: I made sholder bells from sintra before so this seems a great way to do it. Do you still have your Templates?

philly blunt

Blooded
Hey Hunters,

I have been Jonesin' for a resin AVP backpack for my suit for sometime but with money tight I decided to bite the bullet and build it from scratch.
Here are the progress shots so far and a sort of chronological order of how the thing is coming together.

First thing I was concerned with and the biggest challenge in my opinion was getting sheet material to conform to the rounded arc of the main body of the backpack.
So I started out with a piece of large electrical conduit made from PVC, (Home Depot or Lowes)

I created the fin portions, heated them by boiling and wrapped them around when I liked the shape I hot glued them on

Next I began cutting out the flat panels out of layeres of Sintra and built them up and assembled them

Then I started to assemble all the pieces I had created and fitting new pieces in as needed

This is the progress to date. I hope to continue to work as much as I can until I knock it out
I'll try and post some more in the coming days.

Thanks for looking and as always observations and comments are always helpful

VinMan
what size pvc pipe is that?

Last edited by a moderator:

eaglewood

Hunter
I stayed up until 5am doing the weathering and working on the paint up on my shins from Mr Fett.
Any way the beast is completed

As always your comments are always welcome

thanks

VinMan
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg
My friend. That is so totally sick and off the hook. Shows the talent that is here. Hollywood aint got nuthn on the talent here!
I only hope I can do half as well when I get rolling . Great work

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg