AVP cannon completed

S

Shataan

Well, after so many hours I can`t count em.... here is the completed AVP cannon. I used the ADI artists drawing of the Large Calibre Recoiled cannon, the AVP DVD extras disk pics, and for areas I could not see detail from those 2 sources, I used the Hot Toys Celtic Pred cannon pics that SeaHunterr sent me.

Very tired. I could get anal and throw in more detail, but here it is. Peruse the pic links and tell me your thoughts.

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs304&d=06...deview.jpg

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs204&d=06...wnview.jpg

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs204&d=06...deview.jpg

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs204&d=06...arside.jpg

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs304&d=06...omview.jpg

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs304&d=06...elshot.jpg

Next this cannon gets sent out to be molded. After that, casts. ;0) ;0) Forgot to mention. This cannon is 14 inches long exactly. Fyi.

J

JediUsurper

excellent work m8,

very very impressed, think thats the most accurate cannon ive seen by a fair way.

you still really need to get a photobucket account

T

The Mortal Immortal

Now thats one sweet looking AVP cannon. I don't think I've seen anyone get that close before.

S

SeaHunterr

Very accurate, amazing job you did Gary. I don't even think the movie prop cannons look that good. I know alot of hard work and long hours went into that, you should be very proud, your attention to detail shows.

A

alphatech686

Gary, That is very excellent work. what is that made of? Did you carve it or what ?

M

MEANGENE83

This is hands down THE MOST SYMETRICAL cannon ever to hit the lair.

This is a god among gods! You did well buddy. Glad to see her fini!!!

T

tjm023

Excellent work! Best cannon I've ever seen. Looks like if it was machined.

Tom.

S

Shataan

Thx all. I really appreciate all your great comments. The cannon is not perfect. But I did work hard to keep it as close to the movie version as possible. Most everything you see was hand shaped. I carved in the Pred designs where they should be.

I tried to keep seams tight, but a few have a hairline space. No biggy tho. If you like what ya see here. You will love what Pirk & Nibs are gonna do with this baby! ;0)

T

TK 414

Hey,

yes a real great work on that fantastic piece of art. It must take you a lot of work and time to built this up but it looks top notch. So in fact that you told us Pirk did have it in the moment I think we would see something nice in the near future.

Greetings Guido

T

The 48th Ronin

Hey, that's not bad... you did a pretty darned good job, actually

Looks like you took a lot of your detail cues from the Hot Toys cannon however, which isn't entirely accurate. They did get about 98% there though... it's funny/cool to see how close they - and McFarlane toys too - got with the little things.

I created the master patterns for the medium and large size shoulder cannons for AVP, and I'm currently working on AVP 2 doing - yep, you guessed it... the new shoulder cannon

It's a neat design and it's coming together nicely - I think you guys will dig it.

Once again, nice work...

S

Shataan

Wow. Thx very much. Yes. I did take mostly the top and rear top of the cylinder details from the hot Toys pics. The artists side view only showed the side profile. And the movie cannon pics didn`t help me much detailwise. The DVD extras disc helped somewhat.

So I just made do with what I could get. It seems to have worked out tho. Thx very much for your kind positive comments. ;0)

Gary

T

The 48th Ronin

I dug around and found some castings of some of the detail bits that I did - they were mostly random kit parts... of what I have no idea - one of the guys that I was working with brought in 2 or 3 film cans full of loose kit parts (which was awesome )

I don't have all of 'em, but for a couple of the pieces - #s 3 and 4 - they were pulled from the molds while they were still kinda' flexible and press-formed onto the contours of the gun.

#3 was my answer to the tank tread detail on the original - I was originally gonna use a tread, but Alec put the kibosh on that... guess he didn't care for it. I argued that it was a signature cheesy detail on the original, and should be there, but he wasn't having any of it

176990496.jpg

176990461.jpg

176990486.jpg

176990475.jpg

J

JediUsurper

im sorry but it has to be said.

thats sooooooooooooooooo cool , and nice of you to post here.

N

NibsFlibble

WOW, thanks Ronin for posting those pics! That's very very nice of you to do so.

I can't wait to get that cannon molded!

M

Maverick118

Indeed very generous and very gracious too. I'm glad I kept my eyes open when I bought the book as I think I managed to nail most of the kit parts on my homemade foam version. Gotta admit it though Gary's is the biz though, and looks 100% the part, kudos on the cannon Gary.

P

pirkleations

Wow!

It's so great to have some input from the design source of those wonderful weapons of mass destruction!! Thanks Ronin!!

It's going to be an exciting project that I look forward to doing for ya, Gary!

I'l make sure that I don't start any fires in the process.

DangerDavey

S

Shataan

Gee wiz. ;0) Thx for posting that information and screens.... The 48th Ronin. I might do a quicky add job of the bottom piece just underneath the back of the cannon before I send it to Pirk & Nibs. Might add that piece tomorrow to spice up that area. It looks alot nicer than the Hot Toys detail stuff in that area. Thx again. And thx all for your positive reception.

It`ll be up to Pirk and Nibs very soon to weave their magic and make the cannon come to life. Can`t wait. ;0)

Gary

S

SeaHunterr

Actually Gary, you need to study a 100 dollar bill, and make me a copy...front and back...in metal.