AVP Cannon project

S

Shataan

Hyas all. I have been looking high and low for a decent AVP cannon, and have had no luck at all seeing one that rubbed my ruebarb just the right way. Carlarts and Pirkelations cannons are sweet, but they are not AVP cannons. I have seen some resin AVP cannons, but they were pretty well detailless.

So I got some cannon pics off of the AVP extras DVD, the ADI book, and the Hot Toys AVP cannon. I made the side templates for my cannon using the ADI Books "Large Calibre in Recoiled Position" artists drawing. I then enlarged that pic to what I feel is close to a 1/1 for my body size scale. In this case I liked the look of a 14 inch long cannon.

So, here is a 1st pic of what I have done so far. As always... be kind.

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs204&d=06...ogress.jpg

Pretty well all the details you see in the artists drawing will be on my project cannon. Like that cool Predator design just above the open chamber area there, if ya look close enough in this shot, it`s in there. I wanna stick as close as possible to the movie cannon and the artists drawing. So far.... so good.

I DO need some better pics of the top of the AVP cannon tho. So, there is my 1st attempt. Once I have the better top pics, I should have prolly 3 days of spare time till this one is finished. Thinking of MirraChroming the cannon, and then airbrushing weathering effects in there. So..... ;0)

addendum: if ya look close at the lower chamber, you will note I had to fill it, and lower its position in that area. My bad. Ya won`t see that once it`s painted. :0)

S

SeaHunterr

Looks like ADI has competition coming out of Canada, from a noob no less! Great attention to detail, hands down the best AVP cannon on it's way, your suit is going to rock!

J

JediUsurper

nice cannon you CASTER....................................

plasma caster that is

anyway i did warn you, sign up to photobucket its free, cos i ain tever clickin no damn links again, its too much like hard work man.

Y

YautjaWan

Thats pretty sweet, most AVP 'Casters ive seen are in the ready(Extended) Position, nice to see a closed one.
Hope this turns out well for ya.

S

Shataan

Thx all. I think the cannon will look great after it is completed and painted. Got no doubts there. And yeah, I really liked the Recoiled look in the book. Thx again for the compliments. Much appreciated. :0)

C

carlart

I like the fact you chose to construct it out of rigid material, can't wait to see more progress pix----vunderbar.
carlart
p.s. If you have any trouble taking screen caps from the xtras CD let me know.

S

Shataan

Thx Carlart. Here are a coupla pics of where I got to today with the cannon:

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs204&d=06...idecan.jpg

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs204&d=06...topcan.jpg

Having gotten this far with it, I am pretty confident of whats what as far as design/build now for successive tries. I could use some decent pics tho. Top and rear view of the rear cyclinder would be nice to have.

Going to carry this build to its end destination, and MirraChrome it. Then look for lighter materials for the next build. I am thinking 1/4 inch FoamCore is the way to go. Keep the thin plastic for the rear cylinder, and keep the tubing I used for the barrel. At some point tho, I wanna see if an AVP cannon I do can be molded/cast in resin.

Thx again. Thx to Don below.

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs304&d=06...nonpic.jpg

P

philmar1962

the detail is great so far...I am sure it is going to turn out just like the pic you have....love it...keep up the good work.

P

predmaniac

Amazing work sir, that is simply fantastic creative work. I love to seee things built from scratch. Keep it up.

S

Shataan

Stopped work on this cannon so I can work on the final AVP cannon. It should be done this week, and dare I say it, it already makes the 1 here in this thread look pretty bad in comparison. Stay tuned. ;0)