AVP Chest Armour Templates

M

Maverick118

Well some of you guys have asked for templates. Well most of the templates I have a way too big to be scanned. So what I've done is sit down and draw them out on piece of A4, yes that's right the whole shebang is now on a single Jpeg.

What you'll have to do is take the single pieces and manipulate them in a picture editing program, like paint shop pro or the like and split the individual armour pieces into several pieces that you can print out and then tailor to your size.

All the templates are to scale so the all fit together. Have fun.

avparmourtemplates.jpg

S

Savage Yautja

If you can, I would post some measurements of what size these pieces are for length and width to give a much clearer idea of how much material is needed. If it's cut too large it can aways be trimmed down. Just a starting point would help immensely.

M

Maverick118

It'll be hard as my chest is about 46 inches so unless you're as big, the original's will bury you. The problem with making templates or patterns is the wide variance of sizes. The best thing like I said is to edit them in a PC paintshop program to split the individual pieces into segments, then print them out and stick the pieces together and then judge how much alteration is needed. This way you get smoething to fit you properly and not something that will need padding out or make you look like a giant if too small or a midget if too big.
The only other thing I can add is top layer of the front armour was made out of the entire length of a sheet of a 12"x18" sheet of foam and the chest block actually fits onto a piece of A4 so if needs be you can work from that and estimate just what alterations are needed for the other armour segments.

K

KnightPred

well that is some chest measurement but if u gave measurements of your template u could shink it to scale a % smaller to your size body like if u have a 46 inch chest and someone eles like me a 36 lol it is about 78% of what yours is so u could shink it in a paint program but not if it is a lot of work thx for all the cool stuff and help

B

bammatrooper

hye the pictures arent working can you repost them cause i need tempplates

M

Maverick118

Sorry dudes, my templates are no longer available online, plus I no longer have them any way as I'm doing mainly custom armour now.

B

bammatrooper

what type of custom armor
if you have templates can you post them

M

Maverick118

Unfortunately, the armour I'm making now is for a movie project, I may post up pics but no templates until the production is complete and released, which with most fan based projects will be quite a while I'm afraid. There are a number of medieval and far eastern armour sites that have templates upon them. You can have a look for some of these and adapt to suit. It's what I did for one or two diffeeint armour pieces. The one problem from working from templates that I have found is that they will require a great deal of work and tweaking to get to fit you.

You might find this pic helpful though for your AVP armour.

avpArmourmockup1.jpg

It's made from fun foam, and you should find it quite easy to work from. Just try drawing out some patterns and shapes out on newspaper and seeing how well they fit upon you before commiting to any other material. As it's a pain finding out after all the hard work that they are either too big or too small for you once they are completed. Kepp an eye out for Mel's online suit building tutorial in the new year I'm involved in that, and though I don't think templates for the armour will be made available it should get you started on designing your own.