AVP SHURIKEN STARTED (updated 5/15) New Pics

• Thread starter The Mortal Immortal
  • Start date
T

The Mortal Immortal

Ok I finally got done moving and catching up in my work.
I told a lot of people I was making a working closing shuriken.
I tried to get it to work but the blade hung out like a buck knife.
I scratch that process and just started making the shuriken it self.
I decided to make the blades so they pop on and off, so you can have it open or closed.
I will be finishing this project hopefully this week.
Here are some pictures of one side of the blade.
When both sides are done I will add the blade edges.
This not a true copy of the AVP shuriken, do to the fact I want it to be my own design.
Yes I will be adding texture to the blades.

shurikenblade2.jpg

shurikenblade4.jpg

T

The Mortal Immortal

Heres my blue print of the closing design. So if someone esle would like to try to make a work shuriken.

PREDSTAR2.jpg

T

The Mortal Immortal

Its ok it still need alot of work to make look awesome. Thanks for your input.

A

alphatech686

Hey Mortal, don't feel to bad. They couldn't make one work for the movie either. I looked at this before. You would have to design the blade to have an extra fold somewhere, then once it's folded up it's all to thick to fit in that tiny little holder. Your only mortal.

S

Shataan

That`s really Cool Mortal Immortal. Great idea to make 1 single Shuriken/Glaive that can be either in the open position, or worn to look closed.

T

The Mortal Immortal

The blades will be nice and thick, this thing should look like a beast.
I will post pictures of the handle tonight.
If you guys and gals can think of anything extra it need, please post your ideas.
When fully done I will be only making 10 resin shurikens.
If you want to recast them after that feel free.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Thanks Andrew

Andrew has gave a great idea about what i should cast the shuriken in so I will have to try it out.

A

ANIMATRON6

That looks really good. Once done it will look like one of the best i've seen put me down for one. Oh a hunting we will go a hunting we will go.....Later T.M.I.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Here are the updates of the protype. I redid the blade was not happy with the first one.
shuriken1.jpg
shuriken2.jpg

shuriken3.jpg

Still need to straighten lines and add the dome shapes to the handle and put the edges on the blade.

S

SeaHunterr

Very nice Scott! This is what I've been waiting for, a working shuriken. Now if someone could just start making working AVP spears....

T

The Mortal Immortal

This is just a mockup of what it looks like with all the blades attached. Thanks for the great feedback so far.
The center handle is 6" in diameter and each blade is 10" long. The over all lenght from blade to blade is 24".
This is a lot bigger the uk version shuriken.
shuriken4.jpg

This is a uk version.
IMG_0390.jpg
IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Thanks NFB for hosting pictures with measurments.

A

alpha pred

Very nice man!! I was going to try to design a working unit that closes with the blades actually first closing in on themselves and then on the outer ring they would be offset (left side right side) so the blades could fold in without hitting each other. The prob is I cant make it the same size as the movie..the handel must be much larger to house the blades. DAM CGI..lol!

T

The Mortal Immortal

What do you think of these 2 handles from the ADI book. Was thinking of going with a different handle.

star3.jpg

T

The Mortal Immortal

Ok the right side one it is. Now it wont even look anything like the uk one.