AVP Warrior...paintup pg.5

T

The Big Gunns

Just started this today. I don't think anyone here has sculpted a closed mouth AVP pred.. so I'm going for it! (no this isn't my secret project.. )
~Mel

S

Supreme Hunter

lookin good Mel keep us updated. Can't wait to see more.

-Chris

T

The Mortal Immortal

That will be nice. Not a fan of the opened mouth one, because of bio proplems.

A

acerhater

I like the closed mouth versions a lot more than the open mouth ones as it looks like their allways screaming. I will be following this with interest.

M

MoviesColin

I'm loving it... I'm anxious to see what the end product will be...

P

PredatrHuntr

Do you ever stop?! I love closed mouth Preds...gonna be cool to see how you do this one...

T

The Big Gunns

Thanks guys... I will keep you posted. Im using the ADI book as reference. Unfortunately all the pred sculpts they show have no mandibles, only one elder shot with a closed mouth and its only a front pic (doesn't really help!). I will repost again in a few days when i am further along.
~Mel

P

PredatoRob

Mel that looks kickass so far! I am really digging it. I will definately keep checking back to watch you bring it to life.

There is a picture in the book on pg. 55 that shows Bruce Spaulding Fuller sculpting the mandibles onto the head sculpt. The plus is there's no cheek flap yet. The minus is it's a pretty small picture.

T

The Xcalibor

you cut me off before i even asked, lol. Mel, it looks absolutely fantastic. I'm really diggin it. DO IT BIG!!!!!

KEITH

J

JediUsurper

Looking good.

more pics needed

with you cast the mandible completely on their own mel?

T

The Big Gunns

Keith- the mask is a good size... somewhere inbewteen Usurper P1 and DB's

Lee- everything will be attached before molding except the tusks. More pics soon

P

pirkleations

Awesome sculpt so far, Mel!!

Some pretty mad skills for a Washingtonian!!!

~DangerDavey

T

The Big Gunns

Thanks guys!
It's going very slow.. but I'm making some progress. I have to make up allot of it because I don't have pics of some of the angles I need. I am using wed clay.. pretty awesome stuff (that's why he has the damp paper towels on his head).

ROB!!!! did you hear that? wed clay my friend... no more excuses it can be done

I will post again when I start on the crown.
~Mel

T

The Xcalibor

DAMNIT MEL!!!! That is just fantastic, its lookin freakin killer. I can't wait to see more pics. Keep at it. Now i wanna sculpt a head, lol. BAZING

Mel- Where did you get your WED and how much are you using for this? Thanks!

KEITH