AVP2 News

I

Ice1010

Don't know if this has been posted yet. If it has for give me.

I'm being told through the grapevine that the alien costume stolen from the set of Alien vs. Predator 2 has been returned to the production, and the thief who took it (apparently some mischievous kid) has been caught. Hats off to the Port Coquitlam police. Surely the attention our coverage of this story provided made it hard for him to keep it quite...posting it for sale online didn't help either, I'm sure.

Unfortunately, the damage has already been done, as filming for the main unit wraps next Wednesday (December 6th), with the second unit filming until Friday (December 8th), and the set still kept under lock and key from the press.

So, it looks like we'll have to wait a while longer yet for some official set photographs. If we're lucky, maybe we'll see some official content early in the New Year. A website and teaser trailer would be a good start. Come on Fox, let's get the ball rolling on this! .
www.alienexperience.com/

Filming for AVP2 Movie All Wrapped Up

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Filming for AVP2 the movie ended yesterday on December 8th. So what does this mean? It means the fun's just started; editing begins this week.

"We're back in LA now, and editing begins this week," Colin Strause said in response to a forum post on the Internet Movie Database forum (reportedly Colin Strause--pretty much confirmed he's posted there a few times).

Once they finish editing, Fox might come out with photos, interviews, even trailers. Which would be just awesome, man. Thanks to our movie guy Gareth for the news/tips.

Few weeks ago, when GameSpy/IGN asked Fox when Planet AVP can get some of that love -- we're all owned by Fox Interactive Media -- they said AVP2 wasn't even assigned to a publicist yet. Hopefully, things'll start to look up in the near future.
www.planetavp.com/headlines/index.shtml

Eyewitness: AVP2 Filming at Geothermal Plant

Thursday, November 23, 2006

At the Hollywood North Report forums, an eyewitness says they're filming AVP2 the movie at a Geothermal Plant in Port Moody. Is this for real? They already wrapped up filming at a Canadian high school. Nice change of pace.

"Filming for AVP2 continues tonight at the Burrard Geothermal plant in Port Moody (north shore of inlet). There is no public access to watch but if anyone in the area is wondering what all the emergency lights are about they are filming an emergency scene which involves the lights at the plant being shut off at times."

What's a geothermal plant, anyway? It says it's a turbine driven by hot water or natural steam "that derives its energy from heat found in rocks or fluids at various depths beneath the surface of the earth."
www.planetavp.com/headlines/index.shtml

There is alot more stuff to read on planet AVP. Just do a little scrolling down on the site.

T

tommynator1024

The Predator...in a high school????

What's he doing there, online-researching "Xenomorph" in the schools computer lab??

carlart

Hunter
It does appear encouraging, especially the return to the horror element with an R rating. Too bad we couldn't see just one tiny little snippet to whet our appetite, even a design sketch or two.
carlart

Sara

Hunter
It does appear encouraging, especially the return to the horror element with an R rating.
You mean the Alien element of horror, right? The Predator movie series never really had the true element of horror. More like a suspense or thriller. The Alien movies could only be classified as apart of the movie horror genre.

Ice

Hunter
This is new News to me, Thanks for posting this. Im glad there not really hyping it up like they did AVP. Like, them telling us whats going to happen in the film ect.. ect.. and also showing pics of the suits ect. I do think this may be a good movie to sit down a look at finaly. I hope. 'fingers crossed'

I just can't wait for a trailer..

Rakai Thwei

Unblooded
On the IMDB forums, the picture which has been posted above is INDEED official (all of you probably know this by now) as stated by the Strause Brothers. In my mind, these guys know what they are doing and I recall Shipley quoting something from them on the IMDB forums about Predator fans being happy when this comes out...

I certainly hope that our hunter wins this one...

-Rakai'Thwei