Batman Dead End: A Ten Year Retrospective

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
Just trying to pass the word around

220px-Batman_DeadEnd.jpg
Here's the kickstarter link for the 'Batman Dead End; A Ten Year Retrospective' documentary. I'm really looking forward to doing this, and will be giving away some pretty cool BDE swag as rewards. I hope fans of the film will continue to show their support as they have through the years, truly making BDE the success it has become today.
Kickstarter_logo.png

REYALS

Elite Hunter
Well... I guess I am just making all sorts of bad decisions around here lately.  

Maybe I should just stick to commenting on the cool **** that is being made by other  members and keep on updating my customs work on the figures. 

I don't know what to say... I had no idea there was a "documentary" in existence already. I don't know if I should feel fooled, angry, or just completely ignorant.  :sleep:

Robillicus

Hunter
REYALS said:
All you PreDHed'S out there better be donating too. You don't have to donate the most, but a little will go a long way.  :cool:

I sure will... as soon as my bank accounts out of the red. 

Estelle

Hunter
That’s generous of him to offer individual, by name mention in the screen credits  for just 5 bucks. Usually when backing projects you’d have to give an upwards of  at least a hundred or more before receiving recognition, let alone be mentioned in the credits of a film project.

Just a thought, besides each of us giving personally, what do you guys think about contributing as a group as well? That way the “lair” could be credited as well?
~Estelle

Estelle said:
Just a thought, besides each of us giving personally, what do you guys think about contributing as a group as well? That way the “lair” could be credited as well?
~Estelle
Kingsize 'LIKE'!

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
Estelle said:
~Estelle
I do like that idea, but I think I can FB Sandy and let him know I posted it on here and that way he can give a big thanks to all of us on here by just putting The Hunter's Lair or something to that effect. I would think that that Special thanks list will be quite long.

BigRedCreator

Unblooded
Hi guys,

Sandy Collora here. Thanks so much for starting a thread about the BDE; Ten Year Retrospective, kickstarter campaign.

First off, I'd like to say that The Hunter's Lair will certainly be a part of the documentary. This place was one of the first forums to really embrace the film, and the love you all showed for it, was, is and always will be appreciated more than you know. As a matter fact, I was actually thinking of interviewing someone from the Lair, who was here at the time, and  who could articulate the impact that the film had not only in here, but on the Predator mythos as well.

Secondly, I really think with all the members here, The Hunter's Lair can make a serious impact on the funds needed to make the documentary. Trust me when I say, the rewards I'm personally creating for the people who contribute, will be AMAZING. The T-shirt design alone, will entice a lot of you, I'm sure. Let alone the commemorative Batman/Predator bust, and the cowl replicas. I can also edit the project on kickstarter, and add A SPECIAL REWARD for all you guys, that you can invent yourselves... If you want a commemorative bio, batblade, Pred bust, or whatever, if you can all raise enough funds with enough people behind it, I would LOVE to do something that for you guys.

Discuss it amongst yourselves, and give what you can. I know these economic times are tough for all of us, but like someone said in a comment above, every little bit counts. Crap, if every member of this place kicked in 5 bucks, do the math...

Thanks again for all your support through the years. I am constantly impressed and truly humbled by the level of costuming that comes out of this place and the dedication you all have for what in my opinion, is the greatest movie monster of all time!!!

SC

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
I will be contributing as of the end of March and based on the amount I hope that it would be enough for both a Predator Bust and Bio, but I don't want something that if it is not within budget. I will be happy with either one or the other I really have high hopes for the project and I'm just glad to help where I can. (y)

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
I'm sorry...what 'project' is being is being funded here?  We're being asked to give money to fund another film? Or a documentary about B:DE?  

Estelle

Hunter
Yes, It would be better if it was another film, true. But it's not like he's asking each one for much.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Were being asked to fund a documentry to the tune of over 1/3 rd of what it cost to MAKE the short of what was essentially a fan film? ( all be it the best one of the predator kind )

ok then.

Oh ...and If we are held in such high regards Sandy, would have been nice fo you to come here when you were NOT wanting members money.

but good luck :cool:

REYALS

Elite Hunter
...things just got really awkward now... well, for me anyway?

,,. I guess I wasn't looking at it that way...

BigRedCreator

Unblooded
Userper,

When BDE first came out, I DID come here. Quite often as a matter of fact. I posted tons of reference pictures for people who wanted them to help make costumes, gave away copies of storyboards and artwork, signed photos, etc... ALL on my own dime. I actually befriended Andrew Marzan, Larry Kidd, Scott Paige and other original memers here as well.

Or maybe that was someone else?

SC