Beginner's HELP!

S

ShadowButcher

I am new to creating costumes in general. I have ordered books about plastic molding and latex masks and all that good stuff, but they haven't arrived yet. I have seen many very very excellent looking preds here and need some help. Is there a full online toutorial somewhere? Do you sculpt your own bio helments and masks? Where do I begin? How much cash required to start up? How much space do I need? Does anybody know Stan Winstons phone number. Any help you guys can give me on where to start would be awsome. I don't mean to ask such stupid questions but I got to start somewhere. Thanks,

-Logan-

D

DIAVOLOBIANCO

begin with the things that i explain in the chat yesterday

bye

T

The Big Gunns

Wow...
Slow down!

There are 3 ways to make a suit.
1) Buy the whole thing- this will run in the thousands for a complete suit.
2) Buy parts of a suit and make some parts yourself.
3) Make the whole suit yourself.

Most people end up doing number one or two. If you arent experienced in the FX field and have some artistic talent, its going to take a long time to complete a whole suit yourself. Most of it is research and learning. You could be working on your suit for years.

If if I were you, I would go back and read all the threads... all of them! See how others made their suits.. then you will have a better idea on how you want to make yours. The Lair has lost a lot of info after the ezboard hack, but there is still quite a bit here.

If you are in a hurry for a suit..then buying a completed one is your best bet. But either way.. the pred hobby is an expensive one. So if you want to play.. bring your wallet
Good luck! ~Mel

S

ShadowButcher

Thanks for the help on the boards and in the chat everyone.
-Logan-