Behemoth Build WIP (with pics)

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by LunaticNic, Jan 2, 2016.

1. FroedOut

FroedOut Unblooded

Excellent build. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that Behemoth mask fantastic job on it!!!!(y)(y)

LunaticNic likes this.
  2. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Thanks! Unfortunately I've already thrown out the molds. Need to re-sculpt the head anyway :)

3. FroedOut

FroedOut Unblooded

If you do a re-sculpt I'd be interested in a pull if you were to offer. Again beautiful work!!

Shogun and LunaticNic like this.
  4. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

LunaticNic Ok your work is outstanding !!!!!!! Now i will reply with positive and constructive critics :) .... Your Behemot jaw could be more proportional to your head mask....which would do a much better impact on the realism of your head....Your paint job is fantastic but you could use silicone paterns with airbrush. That would totally do a more detailed paint job, for your teeth i suggest that you use "AcrylStains" like this : AcrylStains .... that will do a mch more realistic teeth looking.

LunaticNic likes this.
  5. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Thanks for the criticism. I did paint the mask using an airbrush though for now I'm sticking with latex masks so no silicone paints. When I go about making v2.0 there may be a reduction in jaw size though most likely due to me reducing the amount of scales and only having them in select places (as I wasn't aware how to sculpt accurate skin folds at the time)
    I do plan on sticking with a redish color scheme though after the mask was posted on the Predatorium fb page a few stated it looked like a sick predator colored like a kebab so ... changes will be made to v.2.0 paint as well.
    The goal with the sculpt for me is to bring Monster qualities back to the Predator instead of something like "I want to team up with that thing."

Isubomo, Shogun and FroedOut like this.
  6. BlackDog

BlackDog Young Blood

Dude! this is looking Evil as F&^K. I can see this guy living on a planet with an obsidian landscape, Lava and lots of volcanic activity! To cool mate and great skills!

LunaticNic and Shogun like this.
  7. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Lol thanks!
    Though I don't necessarily go with the idea that a Predator's skin texture speaks to where he's from. I rather envision him as a type of bounty hunter living on his ship, and going after bad-bloods.
    I've been making slow progress on the build here and there because currently every time I sculpt I know I actually need to be making dreads for my 1:4 sculpt but it's just mind-numbing work for me -_-

Anyway I've managed to almost complete one side of my conversion of an old P2 foam Gauntlet which I got two of, for my first build 3 years ago.
    I also got something done to my torso armor.
    I'll be using these AvpR concepts for inspiration.

1119-1330465745-27d8b9ad4adc7a191e8d873a19d5bfe3.jpg

2688-1340272177-a8a2af2a5fa5c9baeae3cbbaac8be04f.jpg

1103-1330464173-6585b736e94ee008fb45898d4f1e2d70.jpg

1129-1330469874-ca689e850b1dc46110b34e2801737a24.jpg

20171216_070607.jpg

20171216_071054-1.jpg

Vebo1, Jmen and Shogun like this.
  8. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Wow LunaticNic keep it up my friend!....it is coming along greatly....I am doing Jir'Xar armor also in EVA foam as well...Your Behemot will be beautiful. At the moment, I am out of Monster Clay so I cant continue his head Sculpt but I have to wait 1 week and a half more . Then I will be able to continue his sculpt...I also done my left hand mold in Plaster of Paris.... that mold will be used to sculpt my predator hands and then do the whole process of REmolding and casting at the end....

LunaticNic likes this.
  9. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Wow wow wowo_Oo_Oo_O
    How did i missed it? o__O
    This is awesome, Nic! Will we see day light pictures? :cool:

LunaticNic likes this.
  10. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Thanks jmen and shogun :)
    I might take a some pictures in sunlight at another time. It's been a pain taking pictures since the glass of my phones camera lens cracked, and fell out. Doesn't want to focus right anymore.

Shogun and Jmen like this.
  11. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Gotcha)))

Shogun likes this.
  12. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Well I bought some "pumpkin-monster-latex-hands" about 2-3 years ago for my original suit and now looked to a way to re-purpose. I have an advertisement picture of what they looked like originally.
    The scales on the fingers and knuckles are hot glue (they are holding great for now even when balling the fist, though it's no guarantee they will stay in place)
    Cut out the latex nails and resculpted them into claws with apoxy-sculpt. Lastly made the glove by layering liquid latex over the portions of the hand and to cover the pieces that were only fabric with latex. I'll still be adding the "glove-knuckles" but I'll be taking my time figuring out shape and (imaginary) function.
    Paint job is obviously still a work in progress.

monster-pumpkin-hands-made-of-latex--mw-108743-1.jpg

20180116_172212.jpg

Shogun, Wreav and Jmen like this.
  13. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Nice job!

LunaticNic likes this.
  14. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Thanks! Hopefully they come out good once painted. Could work as an "easy" diy pred hand for people ...

Shogun and Wreav like this.
  15. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Quick look at the "brass knuckles" and shoulder Pauldron skull so far :)

20180124_131520.jpg

20180124_131945.jpg

Shogun and Jmen like this.
  16. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Nicolas this is becoming awesome :D You used apoxy clay on foam..sorry i do not understand your techniques on the brass knuckles?

LunaticNic likes this.
  17. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Here I am thinking it already was awesome lol

Apoxy-sculpt on latex for the knuckles. No idea if it will actually hold on that or on the foam though they seem pretty secure once cured.

Shogun likes this.
  18. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Well here's a before and after I guess. Time to move on to redo the left hand.
    Probably will go with something more like the power-punch/brass knuckles that actually made it onto the Wolf suit in AvP:R

20180208_133253.jpg

Shogun likes this.
  19. yoslvr442

yoslvr442 Blooded

love the head. neat concept for sure, making good progress on it.

LunaticNic likes this.
  20. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Thanks! I plan on resculpting the head in the coming months to throw in some more skin texture into the mix. But progress has been painfully slow ...

21. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Some tubing helps make the armor look a little more interesting :D

20180213_190037-1.jpg

Shogun likes this.