Behemoth Build WIP (with pics)

LunaticNic

Hunter
Thanks! It's mostly supposed to serve as a defensive blade ... mostly :)

If the opponent only has one blade gauntlet, block and deflect incoming strike leaving them wide open to a counter. Would also come in handy if hanging off a building and a random Danny Glover shows up with a cutting disk. :D

Shogun

Hunter
LunaticNic Ok your work is outstanding !!!!!!! Now i will reply with positive and constructive critics :) .... Your Behemot jaw could be more proportional to your head mask....which would do a much better impact on the realism of your head....Your paint job is fantastic but you could use silicone paterns with airbrush. That would totally do a more detailed paint job, for your teeth i suggest that you use "AcrylStains" like this : AcrylStains .... that will do a mch more realistic teeth looking.

LunaticNic

Hunter
Thanks for the criticism. I did paint the mask using an airbrush though for now I'm sticking with latex masks so no silicone paints. When I go about making v2.0 there may be a reduction in jaw size though most likely due to me reducing the amount of scales and only having them in select places (as I wasn't aware how to sculpt accurate skin folds at the time)
I do plan on sticking with a redish color scheme though after the mask was posted on the Predatorium fb page a few stated it looked like a sick predator colored like a kebab so ... changes will be made to v.2.0 paint as well.
The goal with the sculpt for me is to bring Monster qualities back to the Predator instead of something like "I want to team up with that thing."

LunaticNic

Hunter
Lol thanks!
Though I don't necessarily go with the idea that a Predator's skin texture speaks to where he's from. I rather envision him as a type of bounty hunter living on his ship, and going after bad-bloods.
I've been making slow progress on the build here and there because currently every time I sculpt I know I actually need to be making dreads for my 1:4 sculpt but it's just mind-numbing work for me -_-

Anyway I've managed to almost complete one side of my conversion of an old P2 foam Gauntlet which I got two of, for my first build 3 years ago.
I also got something done to my torso armor.
I'll be using these AvpR concepts for inspiration.

1119-1330465745-27d8b9ad4adc7a191e8d873a19d5bfe3.jpg

2688-1340272177-a8a2af2a5fa5c9baeae3cbbaac8be04f.jpg

1103-1330464173-6585b736e94ee008fb45898d4f1e2d70.jpg

1129-1330469874-ca689e850b1dc46110b34e2801737a24.jpg

20171216_070607.jpg

20171216_071054-1.jpg

Shogun

Hunter
Wow LunaticNic keep it up my friend!....it is coming along greatly....I am doing Jir'Xar armor also in EVA foam as well...Your Behemot will be beautiful. At the moment, I am out of Monster Clay so I cant continue his head Sculpt but I have to wait 1 week and a half more . Then I will be able to continue his sculpt...I also done my left hand mold in Plaster of Paris.... that mold will be used to sculpt my predator hands and then do the whole process of REmolding and casting at the end....

LunaticNic

Hunter
Thanks jmen and shogun :)
I might take a some pictures in sunlight at another time. It's been a pain taking pictures since the glass of my phones camera lens cracked, and fell out. Doesn't want to focus right anymore.