Behemoth Head sculpt from start to finish (tons of progress pictures!)

Isubomo

Hunter
Nic!!! You can do eeeeeeet!!! :D

Fun, right? LOL for me, it was one of the longest 4 hours of my life.. >.< Had to take it real slow as I was afraid I would break the Ultracal mould..

How's the epoxacoat faring? Like, any sign of cracking or non at all?

LunaticNic

Hunter
Nic!!! You can do eeeeeeet!!! :D

Fun, right? LOL for me, it was one of the longest 4 hours of my life.. >.< Had to take it real slow as I was afraid I would break the Ultracal mould..

How's the epoxacoat faring? Like, any sign of cracking or non at all?
Only cracking in the areas I applied it to thin (under 2cm)

Isubomo

Hunter
Didn't have a big stick like your pic above, but hammer and 2 screwdrivers thankfully got the job done. Seems like epoxacoat is definitely way more sturdier than ultracal if it only cracked in areas less than 2cm thick. :)

*edit YESSSS!!! That's a handsome guy right there! :D

LunaticNic

Hunter
Used monster clay, and with the amount of detail the clay had a fairly decent grip on it, so I am indeed sitting here with a hair dryer melting it down and scooping it out. Also the area in between the scales are rather sharp. My hands look like I've been out catching feral cats the past few days XD

predtrooper

Blooded
This is probably bad advice but I ended up using paint thiner to get the clay out off all the small areas of my mould it came out spotless but im sure someone will tell my why this was a bad idea