BEST FILLER FOR RESIN BIO?

J

JAILER1955

I picked up the Celtic Bio with the Tribal engraving off of Ebay. The casting is solid and the proper size with A LOT of flash to remove. I guess the mold doesn't seal well. Overall, really, it's not too bad. The reason for my question is that the mask is finished in a fine hammered texture and I would like to smooth it out. Not perfectly smooth, but much smoother. Suggestions for the experienced masters? Please.

George

D

Don Jarr

Can you post a pic so we can see how much hammered effect you are talking about.

Best bet is probably to reduce the hammered finish would be to use a high build spray primer. You could use filler but it’s a lot more work than a couple of coats of high build primer. You would need to mask off areas you wanted the detail kept, but it would reduced the rest quite well.

If I want to reduce the detail level in something depending on how deep the detail is I use either 2k extreme high build primer or just the normal high build primer. A coat of either then stick it under a infra red lamp for thirty minutes and its as hard as a rock and ready for more work, or another coat. (2k paint does require the user to wear a breathing mask as its very bad for you.)

Saying that I have access to spraying equipment and loads of different paints, but everyone does it different ways.

Some people swear by doing it one way, and claim it’s the best and only way to do it, but the best way is the one you find easiest to work with.

Don

M

MAG7 Tiger Claw

I'm not really sure why you would want to tone-down the Hammered look. This is what the Celtic looks like from the AVP Movie.

Don is right about using Primer to meet your needs. A pic would help some also.

TiGeR

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JAILER1955

Nice photo. That's the way it should be, Tiger. I think mine was done with a small hammer. But after looking at your photo, maybe the detail isn't that bad after all. I do believe the photo helped a great deal, but there are areas where I think the primer will help fill in some slight marrs. I will get photos posted to show you anyway.

George

S

SITH PRED

this is the first time i've posted, but i used BONDO GLAZING & SPOT PUTTY. it is orange in color, but you'll prolly need to re-paint anyway. i used the stuff on my resin bio, and it worked VERY well! you can get it at any auto parts place, or i even got mine from wal-mart, in the automotive. your bio looks killer the way it is, but this is just in case. thanks!