Bio Helmet Lens material

H

Hunterpred210

At first i thought i was only going to do a screen mesh bio but im thinking of doing both lens and screen. Ive looked at FX shops online and im not sure the material what its called for making clear plastics. If anyone knows another route to go perhapes some type of plastic film..but i would think clear resinm would hold up more. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate any info, Thanks

Y

yautja clone

I found what I'm going to use. Auto Zone has window tint in rolls. Several shades of dark. Going to buy a roll and heat some plexiglass to fit helmet, then apply tint. That should do it for me.

Ron

Yautja Clone : .

G

Gene Pred

...Yeah , what he said. Ya took the words right outta my mouth. Good job buddy.
That window tint is fron $ 9-12 per roll. Let me get a roll and I'LL "donate" some pieces of it around to who needs it. I'm going to check different ones to see which will work the best. Don't want it too dark ya can't see. Hold off till this weekend.

Ron

Yautja Clone : .

P

predator314

I had my best luck with UVEX safety glasses the lenses are a near perfect fit... for the P2 mask and for the two lense version of the P1...
joe w.

B

Brin Londo

If you want some lens material, go to Wal-mart and look in the welding section next to the helmets. You can get a clear or smoked polycarbonate lens 4 1/2" X 5 1/4" for around 2.50 I believe.
I got 2 to play with.
-Brin

S

streetjudge79

I got my aluminum mesh from Michaels Discount art supply.

H

Halo Predator

Steve,

Think you could help me out with that Alum Mesh? Please LMK bro..and thanks!

Tim.

J

Jun Hung

But why go to the trouble with window tint application? You don't really need any UV protection or anything. Why not just spray the plexiglass or whatever clear material with a transparent "Smoke" paint like Tamiya smoke or gunze hobby paints? Its probably a lot easier and you can adjust the shade until it's dark/light as you want it without buying anything more.

H

Halo Predator

Jun Hung,

How about a little intro about yourself before jumpin in with that strong of a personal opinion? We're all family here cherry.

Tim.

B

Brin Londo

Spraying anything on a lense, generally makes it hard to see out of. Blurry.
-Brin

S

Shovel Face Sharky

my $0.02:
From what I've heard (and experienced with Darth Vader helmets), a les will fog up like a MoFo. So, you might just want to go with the mesh.

V

vincentmanuel

Jun thanks for the input
il give it a bash see how it turns out

Jun introduce yourself to us at the boards let us know who you are. We are a close community and many of us know each other or at least speak openly with each other. I hope you enjoy your stay. By the way im Vincent.

vman

M

Moose Matson

aaaah! I say just get some down south mirrored Sheriff shades to wear underneath the bio. Cause when the Predators come down....There's a new Sheriff in town!!