Bio Pedastal

cyberpred

Hunter
The wife had a cool idea. She suggested that I build a pedastal to show off my Bios. Like the one in AVP.

Do any of you guys have any pics of the one in AVP?

Cary

Head hunter

Hunter
no problem mate, if i find some more i will post them in here, these i just screen captured (or what its called)

Faken

Hunter
no problem mate, if i find some more i will post them in here, these i just screen captured (or what its called)
What kills me about those pedestals is that I am POSITIVE I have seen whatever makes up the frame/ribbing bits before somewhere...

DangerDavey

Hunter
They remind me a little like CD racks. Or maybe drying racks of some sort.

One could theoretically used CD racks as a base and have a multi-purpose Pred bio display.

~DangerDavey

carlart

Hunter
I hate to say it, but I think the AVP bio pedestal design in the photos is kinda dumb. They're too ornate, and have way, way too much hardware and hoses creating a tangled mess.
Since they're not being worn at that moment, there's no need to have whatever gas they breathe being pumped into the helmets, so that rules out all those dumb hoses.
carlart

Faken

Hunter
I hate to say it, but I think the AVP bio pedestal design in the photos is kinda dumb. They're too ornate, and have way, way too much hardware and hoses creating a tangled mess.
Since they're not being worn at that moment, there's no need to have whatever gas they breathe being pumped into the helmets, so that rules out all those dumb hoses.
carlart
Those aren't hoses!! They're... umm... hair extensions!

Faken

Hunter
the kepp the bios............um..............working, and makes sure every thing works
Well I think the tubes and all that are to show these things were on recharging stations... so basically they kept them charged, filled with gas and perhaps connected them to the ship's "brain" for diagnostic and programming purposes.

Dan

DangerDavey

Hunter
A malfunctioning bio would not be a good thing...

Yep. Diagnotics and recharging post. That's the ticket!!

~DangerDavey

JAILER1955

Hunter
I tend to agree. The helmets are pretty exotic pieces of equipment. With all that we know that they do, such as being able to filer different wavelenghts of radiation from the infrared to the unltravio;et, and audio pickup, microphone, a self sealing bio-support device to protect the sensory organs of the head and deliver the nessacary mixture of gases to maintain like under hostile enviroments and a mount and coordinating link for the aiming device and the shoulder cannon. Oh yeah, they stop alien claws from ripping your eyes out. We have no idea what else that it does on its own and what other functions that it assists with. I'm sure that there are massive amounts of micro-computers in there that need to be monitored with presise care, new information downloaded ans uploaded and constant diagnostics.

George

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
Yeah, well, nice to fill in all the gaps perhaps, but it's painfully blaitant that these were designed to mimic the full head...

I'd design my own...

cyberpred

Hunter
I want to thank everyone for their remarks.

I have decided to add them to my Borg theatre.

The pedastal I will make will have a Borg feel to it.

Talk about hoses!!!! :ninja:

Cary :)

Head hunter

Hunter
glad to deliver the pics and that i could help you out a little :)

end please do take a picture of your pedestal when its finished, i would love to see the resault.

JAILER1955

Hunter
This just a thought; since there are new warriors, going through their manhood rituals, that these helmets are new and being programed before use. That the stands are both functionable as mentions by everyone above and as a display mount for the new warriors. When they returned, the helmets would be replaced on the stand and the recorded data of the hunt would be down loaded for the elders to review for comment and advice.

Just a thought.

George