BOARGASM!!! Finished 2 Helmets (Lots 'o Pics)

P

PredatoRob

Well it's been a fun 2 and a half weeks getting myself back into airbrushing. Before that I hadn't touched an airbrush in a year. I did both helmets using only my airbrush. The Boar helmet was my first time spraying metallic paints, too. Anyhow, onto the pics!!

The Boar -

BoarFinished7.jpg

BoarFinished10.jpg

BoarFinished9.jpg

BoarFinished8.jpg

BoarFinished5.jpg

BoarFinished2.jpg

BoarFinished11.jpg

For the temple detail I just kit-bashed an old German tank model kit I've had for several years. Tons of neat little what-nots in there to use.

KJ's P1 -

P1Finished3.jpg

P1Finished2.jpg

P1Finished4.jpg

P1Finished.jpg

P1Finished5.jpg

P1Finished6.jpg

P1Finished7.jpg

P1Finished8.jpg

P1Finished12.jpg

P1Finished11.jpg

P1Finished10.jpg

P1Finished9.jpg

I used epoxy putty to create the moss on the P1. I had planned to put a lense in the visor, but that didn't work out to well, mainly due to user error. So I went with screen. Which sucks because I poke the **** out of my hands every time. The P1 isn't quite finished, though. I sculpted up a laser shroud for it, and when I get some resin I'm going to cast it up and totally finish the helmet. But it's done enough for now. I had quite a bit of fun experimenting with different colors and stuff, especially on the P1. I can't wait to paint more helmets in the future!

What do you guys and gals think? Thanks for looking!!!!!!!

M

MEANGENE83

Nice job rob. I like the way the cracks looks, definitly give it a beat to hell look.
I have never seen you take so many pictures before either.

Nice job on my boar, i just wish i didnt have to give you a warped casting...

WAY TO GO YOU RULE!

B

biohunter76

Great work on both of them Rob. I love the moss effect as well. Looks kick ass and never seen anyone try that on a bio before. Very impressed!

T

The Xcalibor

looks like someone just recovered the P1 helmet out of that nasty little pool at the end of P1, lol. Looks absolutely fantastic, both of them. Ace job bruda!

K

kithunter

so that is what happened to the bio the predator left in the jungle..i always wondered who found it.

kicking ass and taking names on both.

If you ever feel like experimenting on a P2, i've got one you can do your thing on..

damn nice aging with the moss,.

AM

M

Moose Matson

The Boar looks Beautiful!

The P1 looks out(freaking)standing! I absolutely love what you have done with it. Great job Rob!

T

The Big Gunns

The moss is a nice touch.. I dont think Ive seen that done before. Thumbs up for originality

~Mel

J

JediUsurper

The moss rocks m8e, wasnt sure when you 1st explained to me, but now it is a totally wicked kick ass idea.

congrats.

G

gk asylum

They both look great but I really like the first one.
Nice blast marks too.
Larry

S

Shadow predator

Sexay, yet I can't surpress the feeling that the damage on the P1 is way too... random...

I like the effect and style, but I personally would've thought more (maybe even too much) about where to place them...

M

MoviesColin

The moss is a brilliant idea, yet it looks "blobby" in places. Make it a little less uniform and I would have sex with that helmet.

M

Maverick118

Cracking stuff Rob, your chops are outstanding mi amigo. Love the weathering on the P1 the moss is a cracking detail. Nice one matey.

S

sinister70

Rob. I applaud you on your paint skills. Those two Bios are cracking. The P1 is fantastic, and as others have said the moss is a nice touch. I love the fact that you dremmelled the **** out of it to give it that really bashed up appearance. Excellent work mate.

Cheers