Body net - any tips?

R

Round Hammer

I'm going to go out today and purchase a pack of the netting from Hpbby Lobby that I've heard people use for their Predator costumes. Can anyone tell me how much I'll need, and more importantly, how do I attach it?

I did a search but didn't see any threads started on this topic.

T

The Hopkinator

Baseball netting is perfect, it looks like what they actually used. Try the Bay under "baseball netting". I had a little bit and its spot on.

T

The Mortal Immortal

P1 used a military netting. You can buy it cheap from a mititary surplus store. AVP used a baseball netting. I lay it on the body suit and cut to shape. Then I place small amounts of glue to different areas to holp it on and in place. It really don't take a whole lot of netting.

R

Round Hammer

Would fishing net work? That's what I was planning on picking up.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Fish net will work great it has a thinner roping to it.

S

Savage Yautja

I got two packages of decorative fishing netting used for displays with sea shells. I found blue black and brown netting. Two packages will be enogh for an entire suit it's really light and has 1.25 " squares. Just use Zap A Gap to secure it.

S

Skipjenn

i too used the hobby lobby netting.
i created basically a pull over shirt with it.i cut out the pcs and then used little pcs of brown twine to tie it together.i then dripped super glue on the little knots of twine to secure it.
mine is really just a front and back.like a vest or sleveless shirt i guess.after i put on the chest i slide the netting down on like a shirt.then the armor goes on after that.
hope that helps too.

R

Round Hammer

Oh, it does. That was going to be my next question. (how to make it conform to the body)

K

kithunter

RH
best way i've found to do this is to lay the netting on the bodysuit and cut it to fit around the suit..seperate it into sections of the body legs arms torso

then use a little rubber cement and attach it to key points like around the neck for example. just remeber sometimes in the wear and tear of wearing the suit the netting might come off and you don't want to rip off key areas of paint.

Spread it out to see what works for you, sometimes i see entire bodysuits covered in netting and perfect. it shouldn't be like that. only because it covers up the paint scheme on the body

ripped and worn is much more realistic. just remember the netting shouldn't be "perfect" on the bodysuit.

I hope that helps as well

AM

R

Round Hammer

Makes perfect sense, don't want it to look like it's wearing one big fishnet stocking.

And I agree, making it look torn and ripped would help make it more authentic. Thanks!

T

The Big Gunns

As long as the weave on the netting is large enough, it wont distract from the paint. This is where I got my netting. $15.. and its enough to do 2-3 suits.

Soccer netting
~Mel