Bodycast

R

Ruffkintoy

Not really sure where to put this, but guess I'll try here.
This weekend I finally got my body cast. It was a long tiresome ordeal and I'm glad its over. I'll be casting fiberglass into the molds this week and hopefully start sculpting the bodysuit next week

DSC00883.jpg

DSC00884.jpg

Ok, here's where I am getting tired of it and just want out LOL

DSC00889.jpg

And the mold

DSC00890.jpg

T

The Mortal Immortal

That did not looks like a fun time. How long did you have to stay in that thing.

H

Hunter jon

You look kind of pissed off on the last pic

Seems not easy to stay without moving..

F

Fakenrite

Am I the only stupid one that would really like to know how in the hell you got out of the cast?!

lol!

Dan

P

pirkleations

David Blaine helped with a little "street magic"!!

Actually, Dan, it looks like it separates at a seam that runs the length of the body, arms and legs.

~DangerDavey

P

PredatoRob

Yeah, a good time to be had I'm sure. Heh. I thought that in the last pic, you had just exploded. Definately something I'd want to do. I think it'd be cool to have a body cast of myself.

Y

yautja clone

Great job Ruffy.

I've read several tutorials on bodycasting and almost all of them mention that its a TIME and PATIENCE endeavor.

Another one mentioned, which is very important, is that you take care of all,,,,,,ALL Bodily Functions before starting the casting process. Before the cast is cured, one cough, sneeze or back-fire and its back to the startover point.

R

Ruffkintoy

I think the whole process took 5 hours, thats including prep work. My feet were killing me form about 1/2 hour in to the end.
As for getting out of it, yes there is a seam. It is parted back half and front half just like any other 2 part mold. It actually came off alot easier then I had expected.
I put in a surface coat today to get rid of the wrinkles from the plastic wrap that was covering my body. I need to seal and release it now then I hope to start the fiberglass friday.
I'll post some more pics soon.

Yeah Ron, definately want to get all that out before starting.

A

alphatech686

Nice work man. I did one of those a few years ago to hang my costume on. The friend that I cast was not happy after about an hour.

R

Ruffkintoy

Here's a pic after I brushed in a smooth coat of plaster

40600013-2.jpg

Then with fiberglass layed in

40600018-1.jpg

P

pirkleations

Cool!

Looks like it will work out great for you! Congrats!!

As for relieving bodily fluids, one could always build in a hose and trap door for emergencies!!

~DangerDavey

R

Ruffkintoy

Ok, here's the casts out of the molds

bodycast1.jpg

And the finished form, ready for sculpting. I'll be starting that tonight

bodycastF.jpg

R

RaptorArts

im to the point where I want to have a body casting but i keep growing! LOL I used to be 135lbs when i wanted one done and 2 years later im 165lbs LOL. And it seams to be mostly in my legs. My pred suit legs barily fit me. I swear i was going to bust a seam.