Brother Boar Helmet. Updated: 9/3/06

T

The Xcalibor

I've got to say gene. That thing is the BALLS. you've outdone yourself on this one matching it up to the movie version and keeping it good looking. I really can't wait to see this mother all molded up and casted. Be sure to keep me down for one brotha. Keep us posted and DO IT UP!!!!!

KEITH

T

The Mortal Immortal

Nice work, looks like a little korean man wrote **** all over your bed and had a stamp pad.
one of your pictures didn't link.
100_0560.jpg

K

kithunter

showing us how it's done .....hell yes it has hit twice.

the man walks the walk, comes back with a bang.

AM

P

philmar1962

Amazing work! I like this one alot...Keep up the great work!!

P

PredatoRob

I agree, I think it's apparent that lightening can strike twice. Who would've thought this little fruit had been on hiatus?? He comes back and bangs out this bad boy!! Nice work my friend! I really like it!

P

pirkleations

Not only can lightning strike twice, but if it hits the right spot, you get this tingly feeling in a special place!

Glad to see you get in some more scultping on Brother Boar!!

DangerDavey

J

JAILER1955

I love the sharper brows and cheeklines. It adds menace.

you're the only person that I can say is a boar ... and it be a good thing.

Fantastic, Gene

A

alphatech686

I loke it better than your first one. Very nice work on both. How do you like working with that W.E.B. clay?

M

Maverick118

OOOhhhh the boys got some chops now. Excellent work my friend and good to see you're posting again mate.

M

MEANGENE83

Thanks everyone for responding!

I appreciate it alot.
Anyone have any critiques of it? I am open to suggestions....

The clay i am using it awesome.

I am very used to oil based clay and the transition was a lil aggravating, i guees with aything it has its ups and downs.

Using the two clays are obviously different. Different techniques etc. Oil is slow going when ur are building up structures and such adding on GIRTH if you will.

But with the WED CLAY is like grabbing putty and slapping it on and roughing out a shape REAL FAST. I rought out the general shape of the helmet in about 6 hours time total i am guessing.

Oil based would have taken alot longer for me personally.

Detailing the WED clay is different from Oil clay they behave differently so its not worse or better just different. Personally i like detailing OIL clay MORE becuase of its FIRMNESS.

BUT i am learning to let the sculpt dry out a lil, and not spray it as much so it FIRMS up for detailing.

I aint going back to OIL clay now that i have discovered WED clay. Fast to sculpt, Cheap to buy and DOESNT SMELL like sulphur!!!!!

CYA DUDES.

M

Maverick118

Gene, you want to let the clay dry out until the surface is a little like leather this way it tools a lot like an oil based clay. Got agree I like water clay for quick or big sculpts where blocking out something quickly is needed..

As for critiques....Nothin' much looks pretty damn smokin' from where this old geezer is sitting.

M

MEANGENE83

Updated pics.

Just thought i would put up pics for critiques.

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

I think in this pic lookin at the front it looks weird and strange. But thats the way its supposed to look i guees from the pics i have of the screen used helmet.

I am a maniac with this thing i have sculpted and resculpted every inch of this. I get an area done and detailed then i look at the screen used one and notice ONE lil thing and have to change it otherwise it gets to me....

I doubt this thing will ever end!!!!!

thanks for looking.

C

carlart

Great job, Gene.
I hate to inject something to take away from the terrific execution here, but there is one thing I would be concerned about, the ONLY thing. It's the wide spacing between the eyes, I don't think people are going to be able to see too well out of the helmet, especially if a full mask is used under it. Just wanted to help save you the expense of all that silicone before you mold it.
carlart

T

The Xcalibor

HOLY CRAP!!!

Gene, the brother boar is looking exquisit!!! im loving how its turning out. Be sure to keep me down for one mate

KEITH

M

MoviesColin

That's definately looking the biz'.

Hopefully I can save some money and this time around I can get one!

P

pirkleations

Fargin' sweet!!!! Love the detail work on it!!

It seems we all get better with each sculpt we do.

I agree with Carl regarding the eyes. Unless it's going to be for display only, you may need to draw the eye holes into the center a bit more so that the wearer can see easier.

~DangerDavey

P

philmar1962

Looking Awesome...love all the detail you are putting in it. Keep us posted!!