budget predator build .

badblood89

Unblooded
YES of course plaster of Paris is OK to make a latex mask BUT it will not take all the sculpt details ! Plus you will need a LOT of plaster to make it .... yes it is the easy way of molding but also not the best one details wise and long term one. Have you thinked or tried ALGINATE?
ah i see i suggest silicone would be a better option its a bitt expensive here in my country so im afraid ill have to use plaster instead

badblood89

Unblooded
Here is an example of my first version
View attachment 272083

and the last version is the one in the DISCUSSIONS ABOVE! :D
i can also see that your using a oil based clay am i
Indeed here silicone is expensive as well....!! SO YES ...plaster is the best when it comes to budget....
yes :( its not going to be easy though the only materials that i can choose from are water based clay and plaster to mold the mask #budget life yo

Shogun

Hunter
badblood89 I am using Monster Clay yes ..... wax and other stuff clay indeed :( But it is reusable yo ;) !!!!! Water based clay will do the trick pretty easy as well.... and very good to begin with. I prefer SOFT Monster Clay for example .....but sometimes you have to use harder Monster Clay for parts that does not have any base or armatures for example.

Shogun

Hunter
Oh no i am not talented .... if i would be able to show you true sculptors sculptures you would be AMAZED by their work .... my work is just noob stuff for them LOL :D

badblood89

Unblooded
Oh no i am not talented .... if i would be able to show you true sculptors sculptures you would be AMAZED by their work .... my work is just noob stuff for them LOL :D
thanks again shogun i really appreciate the information and the tips and btw dont be too harsh on yourself i absolutely love your JIX XAR mask if i pronounced that right hahah ! (y)

Shogun

Hunter
Hey thanks and you are welcome ! And yes sometimes it is very good to be harsh on ourselves to realize our mistakes or some we DO NOT want to make ;) badblood89... Jir'Xar thanks you :p

Shogun

Hunter
Fayne yes BUT it does not do a very professional look when you are not used to it, plus it is a pain in the arshe to carve it.

Red2

Blooded
damn, none of us even thought of this. I haven't done it but I've seen threads where ppl carve masks from foam then coat in rubber. some get amazing results like this one:
Foam Berserker In The Works
That's how I did my daughter's mask. I found an instructable that guided you through the process of using upholstery foam, and used that as a foundation.

But I wish I would've seen that Berserker thread before starting mine! NICE!!

44426612504_869e977857.jpg

43840605320_2326ea0ce5.jpg