Captain America...aye Aye Capt. - Done!

hez

Hunter
Just threw this up on my facebook page, but thought I'd put it on here too...been working on it for a while, when the mood took me. I'm sculpting the whole helmet, including the 'leather' skull cap and chin strap, and I'm just going to cast them in foam. With any luck I might even be able to get a decent texture look to it.

tusky

Hunter
Sweet!!
I was waiting for somebody to do this
Looking good so far, i assume this is the "First Avenger" not "Avengers" helmet?

hez

Hunter
Thanks guys, it's been a fun one to do. Yes, this is a First Avenger version, as I don't care much for the Avengers helmet. I guess I might do one if I get bored, but there's so much other stuff to do! :)

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
I think this is an interesting build I was wondering when someone was going to start building something from this franchise I like the foudation very dead on if you ask me I think you are off to a good start, so let's make it happen captian

hez

Hunter
You know what, I didn't think I did...but it turns out I do. I actually pulled the mould off this today, so hopefully I'll find some time to cast one up in the next week or so.

hez

Hunter
So I finally got one of these cast up in urethane rubber...it looks pretty decent, fits my head, and would probably go a little bigger, and just overall looks good. Here's some pics of a raw cast:

Last edited by a moderator:

hez

Hunter
And DONE! I may play around with different casting methods, and might even try making a leather cap for the shell, because I discovered that masking tape will not, in fact, stick to urethane. Whoops. So yeah, might try that in resin, so I don't have to paint the A and the wings on by hand.

Last edited by a moderator: