carboard bio, where to start?

P

pro predator

hi everybody
i got a very very low budget so i'm making a carboard bio but i don't know where to start?? need some help here
thanks

P

pirkleations

If you are going to go with a paper product for constructing your bio, you may want to use paper mache instead.

Cardboard is notorious for not making rounded shapes easily.

You can get paper mache kits at your local craft store.

~DangerDavey

P

pro predator

thanks, but does anyone know how to make papermache??
i don't even knoww hat that is ? :s

I

Ice1010

I did a google search on Paper Mache and I found this.

Paper Mache

I remember back when I was in school we used this Recipe. I got this from the link I posted. We used elmer's glue . The one you take to school when you are little.

'You can use regular glue mixed with a bit of water. Mix using about 1 part water with 2 parts glue.'

I

Ice1010

YOu know, I dont know if this will work. But once you have your helmet made out of Paper Mache. Just add a thin layer of bondo all over the helmet and then sand it tell smooth. Once it all smooth, prime it and paint it.

I dont know if bondo will stay on Paper Mache though.

Just an idea...

S

Savage Yautja

Bondo stays sticky and stinky till sanded. kind of messy to work with too. You could get some sheet styrofoam and carve and shape it to make a positive of the bio design you want then build a mixture of paper strips dipped in a mix of glue and water (paper mache) and laid over the form. Build it up till it's thick enough and allow to dry. You might try coating it with polyurethaene to get a smooth surface and then prime and paint. cut outhe eye holes and add screen.

P

pro predator

i'm not that good in english but i think i get it but what is bondo??

P

pirkleations

It's a kind of epoxy putty used in car body work.

~DangerDavey

P

pro predator

ok peeps the papermache worked
now it must dry and then i'll get it to a paintjob!
thanks for helpin me out

P

pro predator

i didn't got the time to get a layer of bando on it maybe i won't do that at al maybe i do i don't know

M

Maverick118

I'd use the bondo as fillere so you can attempt to give it a smoother apearence

V

Vk3ll

See if adding a thin layer of plaster of paris to give it a harder smoother shellwill help

V'kell

M

Maverick118

No don't use palster of paris, it'll crack. I'd go with the bondo car body filler or some bridging/joint compound this way at least you can layer it on and sand it down.

V

Vk3ll

Currently i'm doing the same thing so dude you and i are in te same boat. I am basing mine on the comics rather than the movies.B y the way i too am new.we'll see how it ends.

V'kell

PREDORAN

Blooded
man , thats good news , please deligth us whit your skills , i know there´s much bios made whit other techniques
but yours is much cheap and its a easy beginning for an amateur like myself jejeje :p

Well for all those on a budget a carboard bio is possible....After sitting down with an old cardboard box from last order if silicone I thought about whether it could be done...I simply took one of my elder masks and set about making one....No templates, just on the fly....the result surprised even me.

DSC00945.jpg

so there you go...budget or lack of is never an excuse when making things you just need to think sideways and have a go...Only a few hours work...The white stuff on the dome is joint compound but you could use Bondo and then sand to a nice smooth finish...Hope this helps any of you guys out there who like me can end up strapped for cash for personal projects.