Celtic Bio repaint

S

Shataan

K, I got this Bio off the `Bay before I found this forum. It came with a paintjob I was not real happy with. So I looked around for some ref shots of a Celtic Bio look that I liked better. Basicly, I like the 14 inch Celtic Pred figures armor look. And I based my paintjob off of that. A dirty weathered armor look.

So here are the "Before I repainted" shots.

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs67&d=060...age015.jpg

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs67&d=060...age014.jpg

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs67&d=060...age016.jpg

And here are 4 "After I repainted" shots.

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs100&d=06...CF0001.JPG

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs100&d=06...CF0003.JPG

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs100&d=06...CF0004.JPG

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs100&d=06...CF0006.JPG

The shots are pretty decieving as to the actual Bio paint look. The lightness is the reflective quality of the silver I used. Inside a building it`s actually quite dark looking in just the right areas imho. The outside shots, well it was really sunny today.

For the silver, I used Plasti-Kote Bumper Chrome as a base coat. NICE stuff. I tried to seal it (lock down) with a clear coat that would not badly effect the silvers reflective qualities. We were moderately successful.

Then I textured with a wash of Satin Black BC 260. Tried to get an ok look for the hammered dint areas, inside design creases etc. That weathered dirty old armor look.

Lastly, my buddy Mitch went in with the Airbrushing using BC 250 Black toner, to bring out some shadowing here and there. I did most of the actual paint job. Mitch did a bit of shadowing. It did really add to the finished look tho. Anyways, there ya go. My 1st Bio job.

T

The Big Gunns

Im loving the dingy grey areas. It makes it look chalky. Nice work.. and nice bio!

~Mel

S

SeaHunterr

Nice job Gary..you make that bio look like it's been around awhile and used.

S

Shataan

Thx for the kind words Mel, and Gene. I have to add that we reduced the Black wash ALOT.,,, so I could airbrush it on, and still have time to wipe while thinking about how to make it look as natural looking as I could. Doing just the Bio has given me a new found respect for those who have done this stuff on the larger scale.

Thx again.

S

SeaHunterr

Not as easy as it looks at all. I think so long as you are happy is what matters. I am totally impressed with Steve's Celtic Bio....it is very screen accurate, feel like I own something from the AVP movie. This with Ruffs gaunts will do alot to make my suit spot on. You did a great job weathering that bio, only gets better from here!