Ceremonial Dagger Redux: Completed!

S

Shataan

Hyas all. I was doing the Dagger aways back, and decided a rethinking materialswise was in order. I found the new material, and found myself wanting to hit the Dagger again.

Was coalating with Pirk, throwing ideas at each other, and Pirk came up with the idea to use the AL()EN bone skull for the handle. Making for a more interesting visuals look. I totally agreed. So, here is a coupla pics showing the profile cut out, and beginning shaping of the blade.

I put the Alien bone look skull on the handle so peeps can see where the design is headed. xs.to/xs.php?h=xs107&d=06...agger1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pirkleations

See what happens when you humor and encourage people!! Sh*t happens!!!

The Alien skull represents the ritualistic nature of the blade itself, in that it is used for coming-of-age ceremonial hunts of Xenomorphs to become a "blooded" hunter.

~DangerDavey

S

SeaHunterr

VERY nice Gary, I know this is going to be a top notch prop...if the AVP blades, and cannon are any indication, it will be better than screen used.
My blades from Gary, in person, are just amazing. People have to be told they are plastic, and still do not believe me.
I will be posting some pics soon of the AVP blades.

T

The Mortal Immortal

I like the different look, it will make a great prop for a AVP suit.

A

acerhater

I think that would look awsome. Are you planning on making the alien skull a raised design or just printed on the handle? You will have to keep us updated on this if you persue it, I for one would love to see its progress.

S

Shataan

It will be relief carved. Meaning yeah, it will be raised, well... have high and low areas. Just like the pic placed on the handle at the moment. Thx.

I am sure Pirk will wanna add this Dagger to Pirkle-ations collective. ;p

J

JediUsurper

Told Gary i want one more than his cannon ! ! !

I WANT ONE YESTERDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ! ! !

J

JediUsurper

Gary thats fantastic.

like i said i defo want one so please put me top of list

K

kithunter

Excellent, the handle looks much better than the one they made for AVP

S

Shataan

Thx very much Kit for your kind words. I had asked Pirk last night about if I should do any last minute detailing to the smooth underhandle area. If you look right between the lower jaws in that area, there is an interesting bit of detailing there.

I was pondering on leaving it smooth cause I didn`t want the handle to look too busy. Should it be smooth, dimpled or continue those grooves? Pirk gave the go ahead to get our groove on.

Just finished it. And I think peeps are gonna be very happy with Pirks suggestion. Cause now the Dagger is complete visually. It looks great, and as well has a cool builtin handle grip that does flow with the design on the whole.

With some luck, I can ship to Pirk today. ;0)

S

Shataan

Pirks got teh Dagger. He I believe is adding a more menacing looking Alien teeth profile. lol I thinmk he and Nibs dig the Dagger. Hopefully they post some pics goodness this week. ;p I`d love 1 for Xmas myself.

Then over the Holidays, I can work on a cool scabbard maybe.