Charity begins in the workshop...

P

pirkleations

Okay, Folks.

Now that the Halloween season is finally concluded for me, I am working on a charitable project in conjuction with WookieGunner and Shataan.

We are raising funds for Shannon V. and her children through a special run of Predator cannons that will go up on EBay or sell through other venues.

All profits from this venture will go to helping Shannon pick up the pieces after a family-shattering incident a little while back. WookieGunner has supplied the resin. Gary has leant his AVP RTF cannon to the cause. I will supply a few of my Pirk-1's and my finishing skills.

We're hoping to raise at least $800 for Shannon's family. It's not a fortune. But every little bit helps.

Andrew, let me know where the funds will be going again and let Shannon know that help is on the way!!!

~DangerDavey

F

Fakenrite

Pirk, if you want Shannon's email/paypal addy, let me know

Dan

P

pirkleations

Dan,

I'll be needing Shan's email AND Paypal member name soon. I have the first cannon in the finishing process and will be listing it next week. The first of many sales, I hope. This is the only way I can help out right now. But every little bit counts!!!

Email me with the info, or pass on my email to Shannon and she can contact me at her convenience.

~DangerDavey

P

pirkleations

The first of several cannons going up for sale to help Shannon V. and her family is on Ebay right now. Check it out and tell a friend!!

cgi.ebay.com/PLASMA-CANNO...dZViewItem

I'd like to thank Wookie(The idea man)Gunner and Shataan for going in on this great fund-raiser.

Wish us luck!!!

DangerDavey

PS: Maybe someone can do something similar for the Hill family? Even profits from one prop sale makes a great gift to someone in need. :eek:)

P

pirkleations

The first cannon going to Shannon Vierra and family sold!

The profits went directly to her.

Here is the email that she sent regarding our donations...

"Hi David!!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your efforts,
generosity, and thoughtfulness to my boys and I. We
are in such a trying time in our lives - emotionally
and financially, that your kind thoughts and efforts
make an enormous impact on us. Dan told me about you
this morning, and I was so overwhelmed with the news.
You truly have no idea how needed the help is right
now. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for what
you are doing for us!!

Please let me know your snail-mail address so that I
can send you a Christmas card; as well as addresses
for the others you mentioned, too.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. I
will be including you and your friends in my thanks
tomorrow for your incredible kindness to my family.

Very Warmly,

Shannon"

What can a person say to that? It gives me great satisfaction that the work of myself, WookieGunner and Shataan is paying off for a family in need.

~DangerDavey

F

Fakenrite

Way to go Dave, what you are doing is just amazing. Well done and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!