Chestbursters....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Talk' started by City90pet, Jun 22, 2016.

1. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

Ok. With comic con coming up it has me thinking about xenomorphs, and chestbursters more importantly. Does it seem so unbelievable that if you got a baby chestburster right out of the chest, and took it and showed it love and affection, could it become tame? And actually be capable of showing affection back? Maybe if it was showed kindness and treated nicely it wouldn't be such a viscous beast? It's impossible to test my theory, but these thoughts float around my head sometimes. image.jpeg

Jmen likes this.
  2. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

No.

City90pet and LunaticNic like this.
  3. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

The answer is no. First and foremost a Xenomorph answers to the hive leader/queen.
    The newborn for example showed such traits (knowing that the hive leader was not the queen but Ripley.) Once the Queen is dead the only instinct the Alien has is to reproduce/kill/survive it's still a very primitive being.

The only way to create an Alien with traits such as a conscious etc self awareness and such is if they combined an Alien and another species that has such abilities. And I mean like a hybrid human/alien. Engineer/Alien.

Jmen, City90pet and LunaticNic like this.
  4. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

Fair enough, sometimes I like to think about the what ifs

Jmen and Wreav like this.
  5. Nightdweller

Nightdweller Blooded

hmmm wasn't the newborn some kind of human/alien hybrid?

Wreav and City90pet like this.
  6. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

lots of information to digest there!!! It has just been a subject that's been on my mind lately. But doesn't the baby chestbursters take on any of the traits of the host? I wish there were some way to find out!!!

Wreav likes this.
  7. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

awe, I think it was!!! I felt so bad for it!!

Jmen and Wreav like this.
  8. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

It was a hybrid, hence why it chose to follow Ripley instead of the queen :) a normal Xeno would follow the queen.

City90pet and Jmen like this.
  9. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

We need to make some tests. Any volunteer?

10. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Sure, why not.

City90pet and Jmen like this.
  11. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

So, we have a queen, a volunteer. and i will be soundman. Anyone else? we also need someone, who will die first, few civilians and crazy doctor.:D

12. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

Do we need a face hugger?

Jmen likes this.
  13. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

Awe...your chestburster baby is gonna be a cutie!!!

14. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

I want a baby chest burster...they are cute!!

Jmen likes this.
  15. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Queen most lay an egg.
    Come On! we are waiting!:p

City90pet likes this.
  16. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

Jmen likes this.
  17. Nightdweller

Nightdweller Blooded

As far as the movies go, the chestburster catches some physiological traits of the host, but never any personality traits.
    I have the theory that ripley might have received a queen's pheromones during the cloning mutations while the queen that she gave birth to might have had a far fainter "queen scent" to her, which caused the newborn to follow "smells like my mama"- ripley instead of "smells like crap"-queenie :)
    Soooo now that ripley is a sentient human being with a queen's scent and alien blood and super-senses, perhaps she would be able to "tame" a baby chestburster, at least as far as his instincts allow and as far as there is no other, better smelling queen around :D

18. HAL1138

HAL1138 Blooded

I started reading this post and my 5 year old came into the room, took one look at the picture, and went " Awwwwwwwwww!!!!! Is that a baby Xenomorph? Its soooooo cute!" That's my daughter ladies and gentlemen...... MY daughter!!!

*sniff*...... I'm so proud..... :love: