CINEMAQUETTE P1 proto pics

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
1:3 size? Seems a bit small, but with all the flowing dreads it would add to the size.

Dreads like that worry me. I have the Halcyon P2 model kit and the dreads are free-flowing like that as well. They were a pain to glue into position and they break if nicked ever so slightly.

Otherwise, great looking head...

Faken

Hunter
Interesting sneak peek FINALLY of this piece. Yeah, this is 1:3 scale, and the statue is apparently going to be over 3' tall!

Emeldahay

Blooded
The head should be silicone if the other statues are anything to go by - 1:3 is fine for me too. :cool: THIS WILL BE THE BEST NON 1:1 PRED COLLECTABLE BAR NONE.

KOJAK looks great TOO!!!! :)

Faken

Hunter
The head should be silicone if the other statues are anything to go by - 1:3 is fine for me too. :cool: THIS WILL BE THE BEST NON 1:1 PRED COLLECTABLE BAR NONE.

KOJAK looks great TOO!!!! :)
Well it's going to have to be pretty kick ass to beat out the sideshow maquette, especially considering it will be double the price. The last piece I was waiting on (the alien) turned out to be a disappointment so hopefully they get some respect back on this one lol!

Right off the bat though, the dreads look too thin or maybe the distribution at the head is too wide... seems off though.

Emeldahay

Blooded
I got the CM Alien

I dig it - I got a lot of alien **** and its my second best piece - my best is siting behind the CM - :cool:

alien_002.jpg

alien_001.jpg

I think apart from commisioned or special pieces CMs are easily the best quality you can get.

The SS Pred looks good - but this will blow it away I`m sure - Whether or not they are worth the cash is another subject entirely!!

Faken

Hunter
I actually detest the CM alien... the pose is completely horrible, I honestly don't know what they were thinking... step, step, twirl?? Alien dance moves? LOL!

NOTLP - I was talking about the CM alien... the SS Warrior bust friggin rules.

Emeldahay

Blooded
My 8thpassenger statue stands around (maybe a little more than) 7` 6". However its around 3 times the price of the CM... Spose its fair as its around 3 times the height? :)

I like having the CM pose - its meant to be dynamic rather than dancing. I got plenty Alien collectables that are posed like they are waiting in a que to buy a loaf of bread. It might not be a classic pose but thats ok with me and I consider myself a fairly serious Giger fan.

Dont know what the Morris is like..?

But preds still rule.

ScottAS

Hunter
My 8thpassenger statue stands around (maybe a little more than) 7` 6". However its around 3 times the price of the CM... Spose its fair as its around 3 times the height? :)

I like having the CM pose - its meant to be dynamic rather than dancing. I got plenty Alien collectables that are posed like they are waiting in a que to buy a loaf of bread. It might not be a classic pose but thats ok with me and I consider myself a fairly serious Giger fan.

But preds still rule.
Your full size Alien is fantastic! I saw the 1/3 scale proto at ComicCon a couple of years ago and it looked great in person. If you haven't seen the Morris Alien you are one of the lucky few! It's a piece-o-crap.

Emeldahay

Blooded
Ah. Morris is MIM? I had been talking to them about this 1:1 Pred but I`m pretty sure I`m going with the builder of my 1:1 Alien - His pose was pretty similar to that pictured above but is willing to modify it - Problem with the MIM pred is the pose.

I like it a little more dynamic - It wont be as "dynamic" as the CM alien :) but more interesting than shown in those pics -

I`ve never seen their ALien. They do a Queen for $24,000 but theres no chance of fitting it anywhere!

Faken

Hunter
My 8thpassenger statue stands around (maybe a little more than) 7` 6". However its around 3 times the price of the CM... Spose its fair as its around 3 times the height?

But preds still rule.
Well I just mean that for the price they are asking, it should be 100% perfect :)

Emeldahay

Blooded
No probs Fakken - I suppose its a problem inherent with CM in that they dont offer differnt versions like kit builders do - you like it or you lump it.

Your definately in the lump category :)