Cleaning hard seams?

H

Hunterpred210

Correct me if im wrong but to dissolve the seams on a latex pull i use Acetone and a dremmel?
Thanks

Pmanderfx

Hunter
I use a dremel first for the big stuff and then laquier thinner too get it smooth. never tried asitone..I will give it a try.

-Pete

T

TK256

I just bought a dremel. I had no idea what it looked like it is an electric powered tool with many tips and sanders. What piece would I use to wear away the seam? this thing has many little bits.

B

Brin Londo

I use the little black nylon brush attachment for my seams. I turn the Dremel up on it's side, and use it more like a buffer with a very light touch.
Be careful not to dig into the seam, or then you'll have a trench where the seam was.
BTW... I sometimes use laquer thinner to "swell" up the seam before dremeling.
Here's a pic:
48761337.jpg

-Brin

M

Maverick118

We clean latex seams every day.
I start by using a dremel tool with a bit that looks like a sphere with dozens of little tiny balls clustered all over the surface. It's actually intended for sanding rubber.

Then I smooth it by using 220 grit sandpaper wet with laquer thinner. A buffing with a paper towel wetted with laquer thinner finishes off the procedure.

Scott

B

Brin Londo

Hanger18,
Do you have a pic of that little attachment? I'd love to find one to experiment with.
-Brin