closed mouth mask

Y

yautjafanboy

Ive seen loads of masks on here but ive only seen a couple of closed mouth masks, and the one I was most impressed with is on here all the time on a banner, this one, its awesome

urbanhunter8zs.jpg

does anyone know who does a good closed mouth mask P1, I really want one, and I really could use some good reference shots if anyone has any, ta muchly

dis is getting better by da minute!

T

The Mortal Immortal

Thats an old DB P1 mask. I bought the mold from him. Now it is owned by another member on the lair.
IMG_0598.jpg

S

SeaHunterr

Thanks Scott...
Yes, have a few just sitting around if anyone is interested contact me at bluediver6@hotmail.com, my PM is maxed out

S

Shataan

Painted right, those masks are not bad at all. A piece of DB history.

I

inkdoctor

yes a nice piece of db history. i dont think ive seen one painted up that nice before. im painting on of those now for keith. trust me bud i will be getting ahold of you soon with some pics before mailing it out. the only thing i didnt like about it was it was a extremely thin casting. and im shure is gonna need some foam before he attaches the dreads at least in the top section. but other than that its a great mask.

S

SeaHunterr

Ink, I'm using Monstermakers firm mask latex on the ones I do, and they come out nice and firm...I would still foam fill it a bit, but overall one of my favorite masks too.

Y

yautjafanboy

email awaaayyyyy! now to the bat-cave, I have a new fondue set robin!

I

inkdoctor

hi seahunter im not shure who keith got his from i know it was after db sold the mold. but its extremely thin. the pred 1 movie mask i have will stand up on its own without colapsing. i gave it a few extra coats of latex inside and around the slit in the back.

T

The Mortal Immortal

So ink your saying my masks where thin poured. I never had anyone tell me they were bad. If they would have told me, I would have replaced it. I really don't like someone pussy footing around and pointing a finger at me. I don't remember any of the the masks I poured ever to be to thin. You can not compare apples and oranges for someone else mask and the ones I poured. Some masks are thinker then others and that comes from dwell time and quaility of latex. I have alot of masks and most of them will colaps not because there to thin, it because of the shape and weight is not even or the way they were packed. I just think you should talk to the source, before posting crap about them.

Scott

S

SeaHunterr

Scott is very accurate about those points. In the case of this mask, I believe thicker is not better since it is then just a big hunk of rubber, and takes away from the life-like look of it. A little foam filling will do wonders, just make sure it's soft foam...I bought a mask once that had foam in it the consistency of resin!

M

Master Yoda 54

I don't want to be the cause of strife on here. I just didn't know that that was a thin casting, i was happy with it. I don't think that Dwayne was talking crap about you scott, he didn't know who poured it. I don't think that he would be calling anyone out on this or anything man. If it makes any difference, i was pretty happy with the mask and grateful for the sale.

no hard feelings in any direction. We are all family here. ROCK ON!!!

KEITH

S

SeaHunterr

daniel_bravo_2.jpg

This is one of the best paint ups of this mask I've seen

Y

yautjafanboy

IVE... JUST.... CREAMED....IN....PANTS!
WOW THEY ARE UNBELEIVEABLE DUDE!

LOVE....CAPS....LOCK....TODAY!

D

Destroyer

NFB, I was looking at the tutorial on your website for painting a Predator mask and I think I must not be seeing one of the steps.

How do you go from the parchment white look to the yellow-y (is that a word?) look of the skin? Do you do the mystery step before or after the transparent red oxide step?

I'd be really grateful for some detailed advice, because I'm painting a model kit as a starter using your guide (I'm not game to ruin/try a mask yet) and I'm not very good with colours and painting stuff. Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions...

Thanks for your help.