Closed Mouth Pred

A

asy0uw1sh

Hey has anyone ever sculpted a Pred head, either P1, P2, or AVP with the inner mouth/jaw closed? For clarification, not the outer upper fangs or lower external mandibular fangs. I own six masks (five of which are from unique sculptors) and none have closed mouths. Does anyone know if there are any out there? If not, I'll probably modify my current sculpt and close the mouth just to see what it looks like.

-Alan

A

alkalilake

Doesn't Dan Bravo do one as well? I had one it was pretty nice. Really big too.

D

Dragonskinstudio

Dscn3320.jpg

mask was made by mander .but painted and dreaded and modified by me ..it has a fiberglass inner skull for animatronics....

P

PredatoRob

I don't know for certain whether or not anyones sculpted a mask P1/P2 style with the mouth closed. If you think about it, he wouldn't be able to breathe. I guess if it wanted to hold it's breath he could shut his mouth completely.

P

pirkleations

Wouldn't it just be a matter of closing the mouth on an existing mask for the appropriate look? I did that with my full-sized Predator way back when and it looked great.

I kind of stitched it closed with fishing line so that I could open it back up if I wanted to.

DangerDavey

A

asy0uw1sh

Hey Dragonskinstudios, what does the animatronic rig look like? I have that same mask and it's not sculpted with the mouth closed. Yours was just modified to close the mouth, most likely with wire, no? Here's a shot of my mask... Pardon the fact that I haven't finished dreading it yet...

Picture004a.jpg

Picture005a.jpg

Thanks for looking.

-Alan

Y

yautjafanboy

I found the DB P1 to be great looking with closed mouths, I think seahunter has the mould and is selling them when he has time. try dropping him a line.

D

Dragonskinstudio

heres the raw inner resin skull ...my mask way modified and mouth opens and closes ..there will be lots of addded movments but im working on a suit for someone else so have no time to do my own suit...

Dscn3482.jpg

i can make these work with no servos or you can have lots of added electronics in the way of movments ...

A

asy0uw1sh

That looks similar to the ones Mander used in S.E.E.D. only his were white! Thanks for posting it!

-Alan