C'MON GUYS!!! GEEE!!!!

P

Predatweaker

I MEAN BOAR!!!!

So here's my first shot at air-brushing a mask, you guys saw the hand here's a go at a mask. Gene's boar.It's all his when I get done. That's right I'm giving my first mask away.(we cannot keep what we have unless we give it away ) The Boar has never been seen without a bio so I just looked at a chest reference and went at it. It arrived to me with a solid white base. I tried to bring it to the best I thought of tones to match the base of the boar. I will add very dark brown spots from here. I still have to blend with some cool colors I have in mind. I'm half way done, so any input should be now or soon. Some of you will immediately not like ALL the spots, I know there is a lot, but I like it. After viewing this thread look at again a couple hours later, the them really grows on you.

How it arrived.

DSC04168.jpg

DSC04171.jpg

Trying to match it up with many different shades and paint mixes.

DSC04176.jpg

Adding base spots and shades, I later covered these, I didn't like them.

DSC04177.jpg

DSC04184.jpg

DSC04186.jpg

DSC04188.jpg

DSC04196.jpg

DSC04204.jpg

DSC04206.jpg

DSC04197.jpg

DSC04200.jpg

This shot was for fun. Some of you might know what It's about.

Instead of curling a dumb bell like Steve Wang was in that picture (can someone post the Steve Wang pic) I'm curling a flight case, what us dj's keep our records in. My two loves are in the picture, music and Preds!!

DSC04210.jpg

Well this mask was for Gene but he decided that he actualy likes painting now so he wants to do his own paint jobs understandable. So I've kinda ventured outside of the boar and just did my thing. I'm at a point where it's not really to late to add or change things. Do you guys think the spots need to be more defined, do you like the blended look or what, just plug in some feed back, still got som more to do.

Added shades of purple.

DSC04216.jpg

DSC04217.jpg

DSC04218.jpg

Blending, adding background coats.

DSC04219.jpg

DSC04221.jpg

DSC04232.jpg

DSC04230.jpg

DSC04228.jpg

DSC04223.jpg

DSC04237.jpg

DSC04239.jpg

DSC04233.jpg

DSC04240.jpg

J

Joe Ker 89

hey buddy nice work!

genes gonna be sending you the chest i made to paint!

can't wait to see what kinda job you're gonna do on it

MEANGENE83

Hunter
KEV KEV!!! Your killin me bro!

I dig the paintjob alot my friend, you have taken my heart and filled it RAPTURE!!!!

Im creamin in my pants over here buddy ole pal.

I WANNA MAKE LOVE TO YOU ALL DAY AND NIGHT!!!

GIVE IT TO ME STUD!

YES
YES
YES
YES

NOT!

M

mgrmax

Nicely done man! I dont think the spots are too much at all.

Kep it up!

P

PredatoRob

Nice work man, lookin good! Im glad to see someone else doing some Lost Hunter work. The thing about the Boar Predator is, is his skin pattern/coloring is the same as the Predator from P1. I mean it's not the "exact" same, but it's similar in design.

I like the design on the mask, it's got kind of a "Lone Ranger" thing going on. Right on! Looks like it's also got the "MeanGene ass-stamp" of approval too.

S

Steven Sculpture Studios

Why that weight arm can will help u ? i never seen that of my life WHY u used hold your arm with weight can u tell me

Steven
Sculpture Studios

P

Predatweaker

Kingme2 already answered that at the monsters lab with this.

Kingme2 wrote:
There's a rare ailment called Toppler's disease that causes some people to lose all sense of balance while airbrushing. They tend to fall over on the side holding the airbrush. If you keep a weight in the opposite hand, you will maintain your balance

....could there be a hidden message, only the BLACK shadow knows

P

Predatweaker

I'm jumping back on the mask tonight I got a new needle in the mail. I'm really torn on what to do from here. Should I back the spots up with dark brown and blend, dark grey and blend or nothing at all and just start blending.

S

Savage Yautja

I always thought you worked from light colors to the dark since it's easier to cover a light color with a dark of changes are needed. With a new needle you can always add black later if needed to highlight spots.

P

Predatweaker

Mark I'm not beiing a smarts ass when I say this but exactly what is it you are trying to sy there bud?

P

Predatweaker

I NEED FEEDBACK

How is it looking, I think I liked the black and whit theme better, I should have laid off so much brown in blending but oh well.. live and learn. I will be done tonight but need some feed back what does it need besides finishing mouth of course.

H

Hunterpred210

I really love the paint job the dots are a killer. I always thought there was some purple on the predators perhapes you need that?

P

Predatweaker

AHH but I did put shades of purple...

DSC04217.jpg

However I think I covered most of it with brown.. I'm going back in with darker purple tonight.